Jabs - Justice, Awareness and Basic Support
Jabs - Justice, Awareness and Basic Support
Home | Profile | Register | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 JABS Forum
 Experience and Support
 flu jab in children

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is OFF
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
aobbard Posted - 11/21/2007 : 22:08:08
Anyone know if this contains thiomersal for child aged 8?
Adrienne.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
aobbard Posted - 11/26/2007 : 09:40:04
jennyr you made me laugh!
I realise it prob doesnt work & no way Id have it, its just that a friend of made has let her child have it. She has allergy to nuts and is asthmatic which ironicaly, is why she had it. I like to think the vaccine as it was for a child with problems it would not have contained the dreaded mercury.(brother has aspergers and older brother adhd.) My friend was not aware that flu vacs generally contain it. Too late now, I guess.
Adrienne.
Aasa Posted - 11/24/2007 : 03:24:03
Even adults don't necessarily deal well with thimerosal-containing flu shots. The guidance counsellor at my school ended up partially paralyzed after receiving a thimerosal-containing flu shot 2 weeks ago, and had to be taken to the hospital. Luckily, her paralysis was temporary, but she still is not feeling well and has muscle and joint pains, and feels like her eyesight has also been affected. I don't think it's worth playing "Russian Roulette" with the flu shot, which, as mentioned in a posting above, has not been proven to be all that effective.

I had the "flu" when I was 40 years old and 10 months pregnant with my daughter. As miserable as that experience was for close to a month (I was actually almost totally bedridden for several weeks, with muscle aches and pains and no appetite), I would rather go through that AGAIN, than deal with the no man's land of paralysis and/or strange neurological problems that next to no doctor would be able to help me with as a result of adverse vaccine reactions/effects to a vaccine. My colleague has no question in her mind about the source of her present misery, because the adverse effects (which some like to call "events", in an effort to distance the effects from the cause) began about 2 mere hours after she received the flu shot. She had been feeling well up until that point, but now no longer is.

Aasa

(P.S., I still remember well all of the strange effects/events I experienced after allowing myself to receive several vaccines in 1984 before travelling to Peru. When I returned, I had to quit my job at a printing firm, because I was all of a sudden reacting badly to everything in the air there. Even when I was away from the chemicals, I was still experiencing nasty and scary effects while driving and/or even walking on the street. I would get weird anxiety attacks and feel like I was about to pass out/lose conciousness, even though I never did. I never experienced these sorts of feelings before I had those vaccines.)
jennyr Posted - 11/23/2007 : 23:49:38
It doesn't work anyway.
Loiss Posted - 11/22/2007 : 12:21:31
It depends which brand is used , the surface antigen vaccine does contain it (GSK) the Sanofi Pasteur split virion one doesn't.
john Posted - 11/22/2007 : 08:09:42
even pregnant women http://www.whale.to/vaccine/flu_shots.html http://www.vaccinesafety.edu/thi-table.htm
Aasa Posted - 11/22/2007 : 03:30:27
I don't know about the UK, but here in Canada, most of our flu vaccines contain thimerosal (or thiomersal), even the vaccines children receive at our public "health" flu clinics.
One of the teachers at my school received a flu vaccine a week ago last Friday, and she ended up paralyzed a few hours later, and had to be taken to the hospital. Luckily, the paralysis was temporary, but she still is not feeling well, and is having various joint and muscle aches, and feels like her eyesight was also affected. I doubt very much that she will ever consider getting a flu vaccine again!

Aasa

Jabs - Justice, Awareness and Basic Support © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page