Multi allergies
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MatsSweden

Sweden
2 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2008 :  18:42:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am living in Sweden and I have a friend whose daughter developed very severe allergies after a vaccine shot at school.

She is 9 years old and prior to the vaccine she had no allergies.

Apparently she had an intolerance to aluminium which there were two different methods to test but the school only made one of the tests and therefore it was never discovered.

Now she has allergies toward almost everything:

- GLUTEN
- GLUTEN FREE WHEAT STARCH
- DAIRY
- NUTS
- COCOA
- LEGUMINOUS GRAINS
- SOYA
- EGG PRODUCTS
- ALL E-NUMBERS

The last is of course very difficult as most products today contains some type of a e-number. Even a product with salt is impossible to eat as salt normally has an additive in order to avoid sticking together.
Therefore, beside stone age food such as pure meat, fish, potatoes, rice it is very difficult to find bakery, candy etc for the young girl to eat.
Is this type of allergy development common also in Canada?
Are there a family support group where it would be possible to change tips and recipes.

We have very good recipes today to make muffins without egg or baking powder and also cookies which we would love to share with other families with similar problems.

Best regards,

Mats Stahlberg, Sweden

aobbard

United Kingdom
433 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2008 :  19:05:06  Show Profile  Send aobbard an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I suggest you look at the iodine deficiency that seems to be a worldwide problem. I too reacted like this after 3 Hepatitis B vaccines 18 yrs ago.Iodne is need to detox heavy metals.
Adrienne.
Go to Top of Page

Squib

228 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2008 :  19:36:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mats
Here is a start:
http://www.foodallergycookbook.com/links.htm#support

Google around and you will find more. This will become easier to do as you learn more 'keywords' to search with.

Go to Top of Page

Squib

228 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2008 :  19:39:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And another:
http://www.kidswithfoodallergies.org/recipes.html
Go to Top of Page

Squib

228 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2008 :  19:42:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is a list of support groups
http://www.foodallergyproject.org/support1.html
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary

United Kingdom
2068 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2008 :  20:30:34  Show Profile  Send Rosemary an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hi Mats,
My son became coeliac after his vaccines, so only gluten was a problem for him.
I would be interested in finding out which tests they did to check for aluminium intolerance ?
My son had more of a problem with aluminium rather than mercury so I am curious to hear that they test for aluminium intolerance ?

Have the parents tried any treatments?
Go to Top of Page

Squib

228 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2008 :  21:20:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
...as salt normally has an additive in order to avoid sticking together.

I know it is difficult with children but see if you can just avoid all ready-made and processed foods.
Much of what children want to eat is down to peer pressure. Modern levels of sugar are also addictive and is increasingly recognised as encouraging the early onset of many modern medical conditions so now is a good opportunity to cultivate a preference for the 'savoury.'

For home cooking:
Natural sea salt 'flakes' (as opposed to fine ground) are often sold without any added anti-caking agents.
example:http://www.saltworks.us/shop/product.asp?idProduct=541

The above site sells gourmet type salts but I am sure you will find something locally. Delicatessens' often (if not always) stock 'kosher' salt which is traditional low on additives because it is err... kosher !

(To stop any of my salts from caking I put a few grains of rice in the shaker, grinder, and a just a tea-spoonfull in a muslin bag will keep large storage container off it dry for years and years - works fine.)
Go to Top of Page

Hannah

United Kingdom
84 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2008 :  09:15:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by MatsSweden[/i]
[br]Therefore, beside stone age food such as pure meat, fish, potatoes, rice it is very difficult to find bakery, candy etc for the young girl to eat.
Is this type of allergy development common also in Canada?

Stone age food, ie. unprocessed food, is a very good diet!! She can have meats, fish, fruit, vegetables, etc. Bakery and candy are not really good for anyone, but I do know how difficult it can be as my 10yo son has most of these allergies as well, plus allergy to potato. I've no idea whether this is common in Canada (why Canada?), but it seems to be here in the UK, and often following vaccines. I hope her parents are now aware of the dangers of vaccines and don't let her have any more? We have had very good results seeing a homeopath who has really helped with my son's allergies.

I hope the family can get some help with this - there are plenty of websites that help with diet and recipes.

Hannah
Go to Top of Page

aobbard

United Kingdom
433 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2008 :  09:47:37  Show Profile  Send aobbard an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I would get a good all round food supplement in liquid form specially for children. Might cost a bit but worth it.
Adrienne.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Jabs - Justice, Awareness and Basic Support © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page