Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

estherlou

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2008 :  10:56:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi this the first time i've visited this site, just need a bit of advice.
My 15 month old son had his mmr on tues 15th Jan in the morning by the end of that day he'd spent alot of time asleep and had a fever, by the end of the next day he was really unwell and had sore eyes with lots of puss, i made him an appt with doc that afternoon, they said it was conjunctivitus and gave us some ointment along with advice on calpol/ brufen etc...
For most of last week he was out of sorts with his eyes still sore but getting better and fever on and off.
Yesterday when my husband got back from school run Oscar seemed really ill, he'd been at home for most of the day with high temps but had started to shake a bit. I got back from work and took him striaght to the doc again, at this point my husband and i noticed he had a blue tinge to his lips and fingers.
When i saw the doc he checked him over and said he had an ear and throat infection and prescribed antibiotics, oscar seemed to have a bit of a rash, i think due to high temp.
we started his antibiotics straight away. Oscar woke in the night really fretful with a temp of 103.9. at the moment we are giving him calpol and nurofen alternating between the two every three hours as advised.
Oscar has not had a smooth run with his health we have had a few hospital trips and some nasty, quite unusual infections there is a bit of a question mark over his immmune system but we're all hoping he'll grow out of it.
Sorry i know this is a really long post i just wanted to hear from anyone who'd had similar reactions and see if anyone had any advice or things towatch out for, thanks for reading

GUS THE FUSS

United Kingdom
1467 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2008 :  12:55:21  Show Profile  Visit GUS THE FUSS's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We have all on this site had the same reactions with vaccines given to our kids

I would stop the anti biotics as this wipes out his /her immune system.
Then give him/her half teaspoon VIT A cod liver oil per day a good natural one not a synthetic man made excuse .Also ask for pro-biotics as this replaces the bacteria the ant-biotics have just wiped out (they do have them)and are given as routine in America when anti-biotics are used.
Get a clinically trained homeopath to give him a remedy there is one I have heard that is good at fighting the vaccine in the early stages.Also any wireless devices baby monitors etc..mobiles radios switch them of or keep them at least 20 feet away from the child as the wireless waves stop detoxification.

P.S. I am not a doctor just a parent trying to pass on some information that worked for us a bit

Edited by - GUS THE FUSS on 01/24/2008 13:02:34
Go to Top of Page

jo123

United Kingdom
17 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2008 :  13:17:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"I would stop the anti biotics"

DON'T stop the antibiotics.
DON'T go to a homeopath.

GO BACK TO YOUR DOCTOR. Or get a second opinion from a medical professional.

DO NOT TAKE GUS'S ADVICE!!
Go to Top of Page

tristanod

7 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2008 :  13:27:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Esther, please, whatever you do DO NOT just follow GUS' advice.

Don't stop the antibiotics. If your child has an infection you need to get rid of it. Antibiotics do not "wipe out" immune systems.

If you must, then print out GUS' advice and take it to your GP, but don't stop the antibiotics until your GP agrees you should. See what your GP has to say about this.

Don't bother wasting your money on a homeopath either. They're not medically qualified and have no real evidence to back up their therapies.

GUS, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Edited by - tristanod on 01/24/2008 13:28:36
Go to Top of Page

tristanod

7 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2008 :  13:43:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seriously though Estherlou. If you have concerns, take them to your GP. Your child's health is too important to leave to the quacks!

Seriously GUS, what makes you qualified to give medical advice about stopping antibiotics?
Go to Top of Page

estherlou

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2008 :  13:44:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you for your replies, i think i will keep on the antibiotics for now, i by no means think they solve all ills but have literally saved oscars life in the past so i'm willing to keep on them for now.
the blue tinge has returned to oscars lips and fingers, after speaking to jackie i have a much better idea of what to look out for but i forgot to ask about this. his temp isn't too high at the moment he's just quiet and sleepy.
Go to Top of Page

m123

United Kingdom
23 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2008 :  13:46:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by estherlou[/i]
[br]thank you for your replies, i think i will keep on the antibiotics for now, i by no means think they solve all ills but have literally saved oscars life in the past so i'm willing to keep on them for now.
the blue tinge has returned to oscars lips and fingers, after speaking to jackie i have a much better idea of what to look out for but i forgot to ask about this. his temp isn't too high at the moment he's just quiet and sleepy.

Have a look on NHS Direct - http://search.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/kbroker/nhsdirect/nhsdirect/search.lsim?qt=conjunctivitis&hs=0&sm=0&ha=1054&sc=nhsdirect&mt=0&sb=0&nh=3
Go to Top of Page

brainduck

11 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2008 :  14:12:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Esther - I am very very relieved that you aren't taking your son off his antibiotics. Thank you.

If you really want to try homeopathy, I would strongly suggest finding someone who also has conventional medical qualifications, and using this *as well as* (NOT as an 'alternative' to) what your GP suggests. I'm not convinced by homeopathy but so long as you also use evidence-based medicine it can't do physical harm.

If you are really worried or Oscar is hard to rouse from sleep, & you can't see the GP again soon, you could try calling NHS Direct for advice (http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/, phone 08454647), a 'Walk-In' centre if there's one local, or A&E, particularly if you think he's getting worse fast.

Hope Oscar starts feeling better soon.
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary

United Kingdom
2068 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2008 :  14:48:23  Show Profile  Send Rosemary an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hi Estherlou,
I am a parent of a vaccine damaged child

At the moment Oscar is using all his energy to recuperate ,so it is important for him to rest & please do seek urgent help as Brainduck suggested if needed.
However if later on you still feel concerned about any long term effects from the vaccines then you could consider consulting a homeopath also with a clinical nutrition background.
As Brainduck suggested a homeopath with a medical background would be ideal.

There are several homeopathic remedies that will antidote an adverse reaction to vaccines.
Plus there are also various vitamins & minerals that will help to boost your son's immune system.
Several vitamins & minerals[based on research] can actually increase T & B lymphocyte production eg.improve antibody production.

I wish Oscar a speedy recovery.
Go to Top of Page

Jenson

59 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2008 :  17:29:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by GUS THE FUSS[/i]
Ant-biotics wipe out all the GOOD and BAD bacteria which form most of ones immune system

Bad bacteria do not form part of the immune system, when bad bacteria have overwhelmed the immune system as they appear to have for this poor boy then they need to be fought with anti-biotics. Whatever your position on vaccines it is hard to argue that anti-biotics haven't saved many, many lives.

Seeking the wisdom of ages
Go to Top of Page

GUS THE FUSS

United Kingdom
1467 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2008 :  18:25:22  Show Profile  Visit GUS THE FUSS's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Out of conext sorry !!70% of the immune system is in the gut the rest is white and red blood cells including GOOD and BAD bacteria.As for anti biotics ...

MMR RIP

Go to Top of Page

summer1971

8 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2008 :  22:50:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Estherlou,
My twins had a similar reaction.
They had their MMRs on the 2nd Jan. Both had high fevers and the shivering and blue lips. One of them also had a very peculiar rash, the likes of which none of the docs we saw had ever come across. He was given antibiotics as it was thought he might have tonsillitis. The other had very bad conjunctivitis which cleared up in a few days after starting drops.
They are both fine now. I hope your little chap recovers quickly.
xxx
Go to Top of Page

estherlou

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2008 :  07:59:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks again for all of the replies, Oscar got more poorly yesterday eve and his temp got ridiculously high i took him to the doc who referred us to the hosp he was given some stronger doses of brufen and paracetamol and monitored for a bit, we're back home now just keeping on top of temp, hopefully he's over the worst
Go to Top of Page

Hannah

United Kingdom
84 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2008 :  08:57:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by estherlou[/i]
[br]thanks again for all of the replies, Oscar got more poorly yesterday eve and his temp got ridiculously high i took him to the doc who referred us to the hosp he was given some stronger doses of brufen and paracetamol and monitored for a bit, we're back home now just keeping on top of temp, hopefully he's over the worst

I'm really sorry to hear about your son's reaction to the MMR; it must have been scary for you to see this. I hope that he improves and that your GP reports this as an adverse reaction. Contrary to some other opinions on this site, when he has recovered from this episode, I would highly recommend that you see a homeopath for his general well-being, but find one that is recommended. We have a very good one near Farnham in Surrey if you're in this area, and her treatment has been the only thing that has helped with the vaccine damage to my two eldest sons.

I realise that there are a lot of sites you can look up when trying to help your son, but just wanted to point out that there are a lot of new posters on this site who have no experience whatsoever of vaccine damage to their own children and I would be very wary of taking their advice. Those of us who have seen our children have reactions to vaccines want to make sure that other parents are aware of what can happen - sadly some people here do not give a stuff about these babies and will tell you to continue having vaccines. I cannot continue to recommend this site while these people are allowed to take it over.

I sincerely hope that Oscar makes a full recovery though.

Hannah
Go to Top of Page

laura_c_a

358 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2008 :  15:59:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I too hope that Oscar makes a full recovery.

Please take the time to read the other posts on this website, even the ones from previous years. I began posting in 2005 following the diagnosis of a relative. My views haven't changed and they still stand today. Sometimes I feel I'm going round in circles with respect to this forum! However, I will always appreciate the help and support I've found on JABS.

Think carefully about vaccination and consider who truly cares about Oscar and your other children, if any. Keep reading, keep investigating and keep asking questions and most importantly, keep yourself informed. Because no one else will do that for you.
Also ask yourself the following: Cui Bono? Who benefits?
Go to Top of Page

Hoi42

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2008 :  22:59:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by laura_c_a[/i]
[br]
Think carefully about vaccination and consider who truly cares about Oscar and your other children, if any. Keep reading, keep investigating and keep asking questions and most importantly, keep yourself informed. Because no one else will do that for you.
Also ask yourself the following: Cui Bono? Who benefits?

Yes, please listen to this advice. There are even some people in this forum who don't really have your child's health in mind but come here to disrupt the forum. At least that is what it seems like to me.

You really must learn how to heal your child more naturally. I don't understand homeopathy and am not an advocate for it but I would suggest you learn how to heal your child naturally and without medicine.

May I suggest a book to you: Naturally Healthy Babies And Children

The same author Aviva Jill Romm also as a very good vaccine book:

Vaccines: A Thoughtful Parents' Guide

Also look at autism sites because they do deal a lot with MMR vaccine reactions.

Personally I don't believe the MMR per se is responsible for autism. I do believe however, the combination of so many vaccines are the cause in a genetically prone child. I also believe there are way more vaccine reactions than are reported.

Here are the vaccine ingredients from the CDC -

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/downloads/appendices/B/excipient-table-2.pdf

And from another site -
http://poisonevercure.150m.com/ingredients.htm

People Advocating Vaccine Education -
http://www.vaccines.bizland.com/

A new site with great information -
www.insidevaccines.com

I hope your child makes a full recovery. Please keep us informed.

Hoi42

Edited by - Hoi42 on 02/02/2008 23:00:43
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
JABS Forum © JABS 2009 Go To Top Of Page