Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 19

Cybertiger

United Kingdom
976 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2008 :  13:25:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cybertiger

What do you think should happen to a mother who is convicted of murdering her own children?

Becky darling ... you still haven't answered my question.
Go to Top of Page

Ken H

United Kingdom
20 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2008 :  13:29:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Originally posted by An OT:

Ken H - if you have any more information about the study you discuss - say, for example, a link to the research paper - it would make for interesting reading.

The paper was never published in a journal. Which journal would accept a paper that showed AZT caused cancer or AIDS? They would lose their Pharma funding and suffer government harrassment from the Pharma-associated left-wing Catholic Politicians in power in the UK and other major EU countries. Journals are routinely dishonest about science. See here for an example: Dr John Briffa rightly points out the lies of Richard Horton of the Lancet - http://www.drbriffa.com/blog/2008/05/30/why-the-mmr-autism-war-is-not-over/ - it shouldn't be Wakefield at the GMC it should be Horton! Why isn't it? Because The GMC are controlled by the same interests we keep coming up against.

Go to Top of Page

An OT

United Kingdom
55 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2008 :  17:15:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ken H
[br]The paper was never published in a journal. Which journal would accept a paper that showed AZT caused cancer or AIDS?

I take it, Ken H, that you didn't actually read the journal articles I linked to. Because both of these articles suggest that AZT causes an increase in the incidence of cancer in the offspring of pregnant mice treated with the drug (vertical transmission).

You say that it is a paper - I presume you mean a similar sort to the ones I linked. If not published in a journal, is it available online anywhere?
Go to Top of Page

Occam48

691 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2008 :  21:01:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe she's agnostic over your totally irrelevant question cyberT, seems to be your standard answer unless you're blaming Sir R M for all the ills in the world
Go to Top of Page

Cybertiger

United Kingdom
976 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2008 :  21:12:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Occam48

Maybe she's agnostic over your totally irrelevant question cyberT, seems to be your standard answer unless you're blaming Sir R M for all the ills in the world

Darling Becky has strong opinions - she's rarely agnostic about anything - a bit like Sir Roy in fact. I feel sure she'll come up with an answer, as Sir Roy would have done. And irrelevant to what, Occam? Nothing about Sir Roy is irrelevant. Do show some resprect, young man!
Go to Top of Page

An OT

United Kingdom
55 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2008 :  08:56:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As far as I'm aware, Professor Sir Roy Meadow has nothing to do with the subject under discussion on this thread, which is HIV and AIDS. So Cybertiger's question is irrelevant as it also has nothing to do with the subject of this thread.

Cybertiger, if you want to discuss PSRM, his failings, relevance, etc., why not set up a thread for it, rather than distracting from the topic in hand?
Go to Top of Page

Cybertiger

United Kingdom
976 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2008 :  09:41:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by An OT

As far as I'm aware, Professor Sir Roy Meadow has nothing to do with the subject under discussion on this thread, which is HIV and AIDS.

And are you going to toss in anything relevant into the mythology of HIV causing AIDS and the lack of a vaccine to deal with them. Come on, Mrs. OT – show us some of your relevance!

PS. I'm still waiting for Becky's answer - but she can post it where ever she wishes. Incidentally, a PSRM thread has opened up elsewhere, courtesy of whatif. Becky could go there.
Go to Top of Page

Becky Fisseux

United Kingdom
287 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2008 :  10:02:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Cybertiger[/i]
[br]
quote:

As far as I'm aware, Professor Sir Roy Meadow has nothing to do with the subject under discussion on this thread, which is HIV and AIDS.

And are you going to toss in anything relevant into the mythology of HIV causing AIDS and the lack of a vaccine to deal with them. Come on, Mrs. OT – show us some of your relevance!

PS. I'm still waiting for Becky's answer - but she can post it where ever she wishes. Incidentally, a PSRM thread has opened up elsewhere, courtesy of whatif. Becky could go there.

Tell you what, Cybertiger, you go there and keep your obsession with PSRM there, let's keep this thread for the discussion of AIDS and HIV. I'm not entirely sure what you're asking me to answer.

Given that all the evidence points towards HIV causing AIDS, I find it disturbing that a doctor can describe it as "mythology". How do your colleagues in your practice feel about this view? Or are you merely trying to be radical and provocative here, while all the time actually adhering to the accepted (by the vast majority) wisdom? Are you just trolling for your own amusement?

Kind regards,

Becky

Go to Top of Page

An OT

United Kingdom
55 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2008 :  10:45:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's Mr. OT, thank you, Dr. Cybertiger.

Try these:

Gallo et al (1984) Frequent detection and isolation of cytopathic retroviruses (HTLV-III) from patients with AIDS and at risk for AIDS. Science, 224 (4648), 500-502.

Laurence et al (1984) Lymphadenopathy-associated viral antibody in AIDS. New England Journal of Medicine, 311, 1269-1272.

These are the original papers identifying AIDS and HIV and establishing the link between the two. (To avoid quibbling, HTLV-III was later renamed HIV.)
Go to Top of Page

jennyr

417 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2008 :  12:11:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you will find that there are large numbers of people who have been told they have the syndrome known as aids, or who have been told they have tested positive for HIV (not the same thing) who are trying out different combinations of treatments, sometimes not using conventional drugs at all, at other times combining them with other therapies. Given the sheer numbers in the two groups above, many of whom are quite likely to adopt an unconventional approach to healthcare, it is bound to be a fast changing and innovative area.

Ethics committees have their place (although they don't seem to be doing a great job in the present medico-political climate) but they are not in a position to clinically monitor and care for individual patients who will respond in an individual manner to drugs and therapies.

A good example of how conventional medical treatment and wisdom hopelessly fails patients, who resort to their own treatment which often works far better, is in the area of various types of bowel diseases and intestinal disorders (as also suffered by many autistic children). Specific types of diets (such as the SC diet) have helped some sufferers enormously. These are people for whom conventional drug therapies no longer work, if they ever worked in the first place.

Most people who have tried it seem pretty impressed with the results - much more impressed than with the drug treatments they have tried (and no, I have no financial interest in the book whatsoever....) Have a look at the reviews.

http://www.amazon.com/review/product/0969276818/ref=cm_cr_pr_redirect

Go to Top of Page

Occam48

691 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2008 :  12:52:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Huuum CT see someone objected to our resident wing-nut KenH calling you a Troll, or was it a pharma shill, as if is that not allowed ?

Anyway back to facts and continuing your HIV/AIDS education as a jobbing GP at a goal somewhere in England here's a link giving a good overview of the increased life expectency seen with HAART therapy, comparing early HAART regimes with the later ones:

http://www.aidsmap.com/cms1032117.asp

A couple of nice quotes

"The widespread uptake of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) in many countries since mid-1996 has seen a dramatic decline in the number of AIDS-related deaths, and a consequent increase in the number of people living with HIV and AIDS. The average life expectancy of a person who contracted HIV between 1996 and 1999 and has access to antiretroviral medication is 20 years (Tassie 2002).

The incidence of AIDS-defining events has fallen dramatically across Europe during the HAART era, according to data from the EuroSIDA cohort. Of 7200 participants, 31 people in 100 became ill within a year in 1994, but that this rate had fallen to three people in 100 by 1998. This period was marked by the gradual introduction of potent anti-HIV therapies"

So Wing-nut KenH I guess the global conspiracy to get rid of all but the aryan race isn't going so well is it

Edited by - Occam48 on 07/03/2008 12:52:52
Go to Top of Page

GUS THE FUSS

United Kingdom
1469 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2008 :  12:52:36  Show Profile  Visit GUS THE FUSS's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is a website that a lot of the parents use for SCD ideas also for newbies..

http://www.pecanbread.com/

"What if there was a basic and fundamental thing you could do for your child with autism? What if that choice set the stage for every other intervention to come? And what if it would ensure your child the very best possible chance of recovery?
Well, there is… and it’s called the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD). No matter what other things you choose to do for your child… supplements, chelation, other biomedical treatments, ABA…. nothing will have a more profound effect on your childs potential, and no other diet will provide a better foundation on which to build all the other pieces of the puzzle.

Welcome to “Pecanbread” and SCD … a whole new world of healing!"

MMR RIP

Edited by - GUS THE FUSS on 07/03/2008 12:54:37
Go to Top of Page

An OT

United Kingdom
55 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2008 :  13:08:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by An OT[/i]
[br]
quote:
Originally posted by Ken H
[br]The paper was never published in a journal. Which journal would accept a paper that showed AZT caused cancer or AIDS?

I take it, Ken H, that you didn't actually read the journal articles I linked to. Because both of these articles suggest that AZT causes an increase in the incidence of cancer in the offspring of pregnant mice treated with the drug (vertical transmission).

You say that it is a paper - I presume you mean a similar sort to the ones I linked. If not published in a journal, is it available online anywhere?

No response, Ken H?
Go to Top of Page

Cybertiger

United Kingdom
976 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2008 :  13:21:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

No response, Ken H?

Are you trolling for a troll ... or just being a little cynical?
Go to Top of Page

An OT

United Kingdom
55 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2008 :  13:24:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not a troll, just a wishful thinker.

quote:
or just being a little cynical?

I have my moments...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 19 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Jabs - Justice, Awareness and Basic Support © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page