Tom Cruise dropped by Paramount
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

allison

United Kingdom
171 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2006 :  21:32:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My curiosity is inflamed here. The man may leap on couches proclaiming his love and propose that his girlfriend does not cry out during labour BUT has the ending of his contract with Paramount got more to do with speaking out against pharma's for prescribing ritalin to children with autism, and Brooke Shield's use of anti-depressants? He very rightly said, "you read up on these drugs and no way should they be given to children". Of course he isn't qualified medically to make such statements but neither are we until our children are damaged through medication. So, whose stocks and shares does he affect when someone so hugley prominent and poular speaks out?....I mean.....some of the public MAY just listen to him! He had to go!....Comments please...!

John Stone

United Kingdom
1254 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2006 :  23:16:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am as paranoid as the next person but I doubt it: more to do with extraordinary contracts and failing popularity.
Go to Top of Page

Seonaid

United Kingdom
1367 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2006 :  00:46:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well.........You might just be right Allison. I had occasion recently to come into contact with the Citizens Commisssion for Human Rights, co-founded by the Church of Scientology in 1969.

http://www.cchr.org/

They told me they have set up centres in 35 different countries, UK included, - the site says 34, but maybe it hasn't been updated. They could possibly in time become quite a threat to Big Pharma, especially with a high profile actor drawing attention to the cause. And threats have to be eliminated.
Go to Top of Page

john

United Kingdom
608 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2006 :  07:43:08  Show Profile  Visit john's Homepage  Send john an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Doesn't quite ring true for me that his wife got him to drop Cruise, more like he was a threat to big pharma and they used that as a reason.

Scientology is a strange one, IMO it is a CIA operation (Hubbard used to work in the CIA mind control dept) and is run by them (satanic at the top), yet I guess they can't stop it having a go at pharma.

john
Go to Top of Page

Aasa

Canada
773 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2006 :  04:08:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From what I could tell, Tom Cruise was let go from Paramount because of his "erratic" or "unacceptable" behavior (according to them). I, too, wondered whether this had something to do with his opinions about pharmaceuticals. Interestingly, I recently heard in the news (here in Toronto), that Tom apologized to Brooke Shields for using her as an example, regarding her choice of using antidepressants to cope with her postpartum depression. Note, he did not retract his opinions about antidepressants. Here is a link: http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_3284.aspx .

Here's some more on this from The Huffington Post:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nikki-finke/whos-crazier-viacom-or-_b_27836.html?p=2

Aasa

P.S., Could the problem be related to the fact that Viacom, Paramount's parent company, makes a lot of money from advertisements from pharmaceutical companies, perhaps more money than Tom Cruise brings in? Here's another link: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2006/08/30/video-viacom-slams-cruis_n_28353.html . (You may need to scroll down a bit, to find the pertinent info).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Jabs - Justice, Awareness and Basic Support © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page