mmr done
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ratty

3 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2006 :  10:33:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi
Both of my teenagers had the mmr as babies before the info. Recently I made enquiries at my surgery for single vaccine clinics and was refused information (they were very hostile.) Yesterday my (just) 16 year old was invited in for a tetanus booster, and they gave him mmr. I'm not happy about this as it was clear I was making own arrangements. Now I'm worried, what should I look out for and in what timescale? He wasn't in the best of health as he was reacting badly to some insect bites. Also, I discovered that my other child has already had rubella and measles jabs as singles (a fact I was unaware of!) so am now looking for somewhere for the mumps one. I notice some clinics advertise the strain of vaccine used.Is there a 'safer' vaccine or one best avoided? Thanks.

Edited by - ratty on 09/23/2006 09:16:15

john

United Kingdom
608 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2006 :  10:39:31  Show Profile  Visit john's Homepage  Send john an AOL message  Reply with Quote
IMO avoid them all, my last 2 (12 & 9) haven't been vaccinated. That way you don't worry about anything except how to dodge the medical mafia.

See: http://www.whale.to/vaccines.html
Go to Top of Page

gingernut

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2006 :  18:11:11  Show Profile  Visit gingernut's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ratty

Hi
Both of my teenagers had the mmr as babies before the info. Recently I made enquiries at my surgery for single vaccine clinics and was refused information (they were very hostile.) Yesterday my (just) 16 year old was invited in for a tetanus booster, and they gave him mmr. I'm not happy about this as it was clear I was making own arrangements. Now I'm worried, what should I look out for and in what timescale? He wasn't in the best of health as he was reacting badly to some insect bites. Also, I discovered that my other child has already had rubella and measles jabs as singles (a fact I was unaware of!) so am now looking for somewhere for the mumps one. I notice some clinics advertise the strain of vaccine used.Is there a 'safer' vaccine or one best avoided? Thanks.

Go to Top of Page

gingernut

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2006 :  18:36:27  Show Profile  Visit gingernut's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Surely to be given a different vaccine to the one agreed is technically an "assault"? They may try to get you that it should be the teenager taking proceedings against them as the teenager is over 16yrs. I have heard of this happening before - clearly to use up MMR vaccine. Once it's in, it can't be removed! I would take this further and complain to the Health Authority and take it up with MP and anyone who would listen. It's vaccination by the back door - and makes a nonsense of informed consent.It's mistakes over injections allowed Harold Shipman to get away with it for so long.

Sorry about the copy on the original message - just finding my way around
Go to Top of Page

ratty

3 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2006 :  09:37:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, gingernut, you could be right about using up the mmr. They had to order in the other vaccines, same when I had my tetanus, they said they don't carry stock. Funny how they had a spare mmr lying around. The nurse who carried out the procedure and made this decision was the same one who had judgmentally voiced her opinions on parents who listen to media hype and choose the singles route when I made enquiries. There was about 3 weeks between this conversation and my son's vaccination, and that includes making the appointment, there is always several days wait. It makes you wonder.
Go to Top of Page

jennyr

417 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2006 :  12:30:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Outrageous - that is assault. I would make a formal complaint to all and sundry - not that it will make much difference but at least you will have registered your disgust that your rights (and the rights of your teenager) have been violated. My teenagers will not be touching any boosters with a barge-pole. If that means avoiding the GP practice and the nurse who is absolutely desperate (spookily desperate) to jab us up with everything under the sun, then so be it(the jabs bring more money into the practice and justify quite a few jobs I suppose).

If only the medical profession would actually do their job properly when you really need them, rather than scare-mongering about vaccinations. On the ONE occasion we really needed them - one of my children contracted a limb (and possibly life) threatening infection (that CANNOT be vaccinated against, by the way) those very same doctors who would be so critical of parents who do not vaccinate, adopt an extraordinarily laissez-faire attitude, messing up the treatment and leaving my daughter with crippling (avoidable) complications.

I'm going to tell them to stick their teenage boosters somewhere where the sun don't shine....
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Jabs - Justice, Awareness and Basic Support © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page