New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Seonaid

United Kingdom
1365 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  12:03:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interesting notion...

http://www.healthcarerepublic.com/news/PRACTICESTAFF/886756/GPs-flu-jab-RCGP-says/

The RCGP is calling for all GPs to be vaccinated against influenza, after latest figures found that fewer than one in seven frontline NHS staff had a flu jab last year.

This comes despite the DoH launching a poster campaign to highlight the need for healthcare professionals to be vaccinated against flu.

The DoH is expected to publish the figures in full later this month.

A spokesman for the RCGP said: ‘There is no evidence that staff in GP surgeries are spreading flu, but we suggest practices consider having the flu vaccine as a protective measure to keep a continued service going for patients.’

Last year, a survey by GP newspaper revealed widespread concerns over the value of the influenza vaccination programme, with a quarter of GPs saying that they did not believe that flu jabs were necessary.

Cybertiger

United Kingdom
976 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  12:56:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seonaid

A spokesman for the RCGP said: ‘There is no evidence that staff in GP surgeries are spreading flu, but we suggest practices consider having the flu vaccine as a protective measure to keep a continued service going for patients.’

I've been a GP for 23 years and have not had influenza since I was 17 years old. I have never had a flu-jab and don't intend to start having one now. Like the statin drugs, flu vaccinations are a load of cobblers - in my humble opinion.
Go to Top of Page

Seonaid

United Kingdom
1365 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  23:17:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agreed.
So I wonder how many GPs will go ahead and have the jab??
Go to Top of Page

aobbard

United Kingdom
433 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2009 :  07:28:09  Show Profile  Send aobbard an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Where are you Cybertiger? Id like you as my GP!!!
Adrienne.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Jabs - Justice, Awareness and Basic Support © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page