HPV vaccine
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

jabsadmin

1378 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2012 :  17:17:55  Show Profile  Visit jabsadmin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://vietnamnews.vnagency.com.vn/social-issues/225728/early-diagnosis-vital-to-curing-cervical-cancer.html

Viet Nam News
June 2012
Early diagnosis vital to curing cervical cancer

Vaccines and pap smears can protect women against the disease
by Thien Ly

HCM CITY — Senior Vietnamese physicians say a combination of vaccines and Pap smears is the most effective way to protect women against cervical cancer.

In Viet Nam, nearly six out of every 100,000 women are diagnosed with cervical cancer.

Each year, more than 5,000 women are found with the disease, of whom nearly 2,500 die.
The human papilloma virus (HPV) can lead to serious infections and is the leading cause of cervical cancer in women.

Most HPV infections go away by themselves. However, some high-risk types of HPV, if not recognised and treated in a timely fashion, can lead to cervical cancer.

The high-risk types of HPV are also believed to cause several other serious diseases in women and men, including cancers of the penis, anus, mouth and throat as well as less severe problems, such as peri-anal and genital warts.

Dr Cao Huu Nghia from the HCM City Pasteur Institute said there were more than 100 types of HPV virus, of which between 15 and 18 types could be malignant.

Dr Le Quang Thanh from Tu Du Obstetrics Hospital said many Vietnamese did not know that HPV-related diseases, including cervical cancer, could be prevented with vaccinations, or treated completely if discovered early.

"Many people think HPV vaccinations will help protect them from all kinds of cervical cancers, so they do not participate in periodic exams to discover pre-cancerous lesions and cervical cancer. Some believe that people who have cervical cancer were destined to have it, so they must accept it," Thanh said.

"Because of this, our task is to warn that cervical cancer and some kinds of HPV-associated diseases can be effectively prevented by vaccinations."

Another doctor advised the use of vaccines and infection control measures together with periodic examinations and the Pap test.

Two vaccines (Cervarix and Gardasil) have been shown to protect against most cervical cancers in women, but only Gardasil can protect against genital warts. It has also been shown to protect against cancers of the anus, vagina and vulva, according to Nghia.
The vaccine has been given to girls and young women between nine and 26 years old. Injections are given three times over a six-month period.

Dr Tran Dang Ngoc Linh of the HCM City Tumour Hospital said Australia carried out a free HPV-vaccination programme for three years that lowered the number of women infected with genital warts by 73 per cent. The number of infected men also fell by 44 per cent.
The Pap test, commonly known as a Pap smear, checks for changes in the cells of the cervix. Significant changes can be treated in a timely manner.

However, many women in the country, especially those in rural and remote areas, are unable to schedule regular Pap smears.

Dr Thanh said that although the prices of HPV vaccines in Viet Nam were now lower than those in many countries, they were still beyond most people's financial capacity.
The doctor called on social organisations and schools to participate in educating girls and women about the importance of the use of HPV vaccines as well as periodic cervical exams and a Pap test. — VNS
Go to Top of Page

jabsadmin

1378 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2012 :  16:59:46  Show Profile  Visit jabsadmin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://sanevax.org/what-turns-a-trusting-medical-consumer-into-a-vaccine-safety-advocate/

24 July 2012

What turns a trusting medical consumer into a Vaccine Safety Advocate?

Post-Gardasil Syndrome: Raquel from Spain three years later
By Norma Erickson, President

The traditional media seems to overlook the fact that all of the victims of severe adverse reactions after HPV vaccines were originally trusting medical consumers who were simply following their doctor’s advice. They listened to the professionals when told that Gardsil or Cervarix vaccines could save their daughters from being a victim of cervical cancer. They were certainly not anti-vaccine, or they would not be in the position they are in now. This is the story of one of those families.

February 2009, at 14 years of age, Raquel received her second injection of Gardasil. A few hours later she was in a coma battling for her life. See her original story here.

It’s been over three years since Raquel suffered severe adverse effects after the second dose of Gardasil. She and her family suffered for two years wondering if they would ever see an end to her illness.

Now, they would like to let everyone who has been battling similar events that
Raquel is recovered! All of her neurological exams are now normal. She has not yet been discharged from hospital visits, but she leads a normal life.

With great effort she has completed her studies. Much to her credit, she has decided to continue school next year to become a nurse. Raquel wants to dedicate her life to healing others who have suffered like her.

Raquel’s parents have been beside her every step of the way during her long and arduous recovery. They believe all experiences in life, even very harmful, help us to find our way. They believe Raquel’s illness helped her find her vocation.

Raquel realizes that she is a lucky young woman. She could have been confined to a wheelchair indefinitely, but is not. With the assistance of doctors who attended her and the unconditional support of her family, she has overcome her illness.

Perhaps the most difficult thing for her parents to overcome was the helplessness of seeing how Health Authorities and some doctors wanted to dismiss her side effects to the vaccine as psychological, incidental, or coincidence.

Raquel and her family relied on Health Authorities when they decided to take the vaccine. To them, it is incredible and incomprehensible that the Health Authorities did not care about Raquel´s health after she suffered what was obviously an adverse reaction to the vaccine.

They now know their daughter will have a bright and happy future. They also know it could have very easily not turned out so well. They count themselves among the lucky ones.

Are Raquel’s parents vaccine safety advocates? You bet they are! They now dedicate a substantial amount of time and effort in an attempt to make sure what happened to their daughter never happens to another child. They encourage parents to do their research before they decide whether or not a vaccine is right for their children. They do not want anyone else to have to go through the horrors their family did for the last three years.

Raquel’s mother has a personal message to other vaccine-injury victims:

“I would like to tell all young people concerned to be patient. As long as there is life, never give up. If a treatment is not working, try something else. There are medical professionals out there who care about your health. I wish you strength and hope.”
Go to Top of Page

jabsadmin

1378 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2012 :  17:11:24  Show Profile  Visit jabsadmin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://sanevax.org/my-personal-gardasil-journey/

My Personal Gardasil Journey

9th July 2012
By Kristin Clulow

Hello from Newcastle, NSW, Australia.

Gardasil Changed My Life

My name is Kristin Clulow. I am currently 29 years old, and I am a Gardasil survivor. If someone had told me four years ago that my life would be where it is now, there is no way I would have believed it. Simply put, I am blessed.

Before Gardasil, I was fit and healthy. I had a Business degree, had a great job, great friends, and a great life. I didn’t drink, smoke or do anything to harm my body. I was 55kg. I loved sports and being outdoors. I had so much in my favour.

In May 2008, I received my first of three injections of the highly publicised, Government sponsored Human Papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine, commonly known as Gardasil. It is a mass produced vaccine, promoted and encouraged for females ages 9-26 years, for the prevention of cervical cancer. I was administered this by my General Practitioner (GP), who explained the benefits, but no risks to my health.

Two weeks after receiving the first of three vaccines, I fell at Karate and broke my left foot. It was a bit strange, as I have always been a bit of a tom-boy, and have suffered little injury. I was in a moonboot and on crutches for six weeks. This coincided with starting a new job (which was a little awkward), but I coped well.

In August 2008, I received the second vaccine. I had just come off crutches and was regaining the strength in my left leg. Approximately 4-6 weeks later, different things began to happen. One weekend in September, I lost my sight. This then came back. Soon after, I couldn’t stand in heels. My balance had started to go. I then could not dance, jump, skip or run. I couldn’t wear open backed shoes. My walking started going ‘wonky’ and my balance and co-ordination wasn’t what it was. My handwriting then disappeared. My body would start twitching and shaking when I had intent to do something. I could feel my speech beginning to be altered. All of this happened primarily to my right hand side. It was like I had a stroke. Several visits to the same GP who had administered the vaccine proved ineffective – I was told it was everything from stress, a pinched nerve, to insanity. Needless to say, I changed GP’s in the hope of an answer.

I switched to a new GP who had not witnessed this sudden deterioration before, but knew there was something wrong. He sent me to a Neurologist for further assistance. After several tests, I was diagnosed as having Multiple Sclerosis (MS). Although there were no signs on any scans or tests, all bodily signs presented pointed to this. I was administered three doses of IV Methylprednisolone treatment over three days. This saw little improvement. In December 2008, I resigned from my job as my health continued to deteriorate, and went full time in the retail environment.

In January 2009, I sought a second opinion from a Neurologist in Sydney. After examining my presented physical symptoms, he asked me one question: ‘Have you had any vaccines recently?’ He explained that he had several patients recently presented to him with similar symptoms. Every patient had one element in common: Gardasil. He recommended that I undertake five days of IV Methylprednisolone treatment. Although this had done little before, at this stage my health was deteriorating, and I thought it may help. It didn’t. IV Methylprednisolone is a steroid. My Neuro explained it simply. He said it is like a ‘fire’. It goes through your body and kills off everything, and then your body can rebuild. The problem was, my body had been knocked down so much, it couldn’t get back up. The next five months saw my health deteriorate further. I had blackouts, hallucinations, and struggled to do simple, everyday tasks. I couldn’t sleep. I was constantly sick. I worked full time, attended physiotherapy, occupational therapy and speech therapy. When my symptoms extended to encompass my left side, my medical team went back to the drawing board.

I underwent a PET scan in June 2009. The process is similar to an MRI scan, but the results are more detailed. The results of this scan showed that my cerebellum – the part of the brain the controls the motor functions had switched off. This warranted IV Immunoglobulin (IVIG) treatment. By June 2009, I struggled with everything that I had taken for granted before. I struggled to walk. I had to hold onto things to keep my balance. I couldn’t walk in a straight line. I couldn’t walk down a corridor without being puffed. I remember being wheeled to a scan in a wheelchair. For a previously healthy, active and always on the go person, this was absolutely devastating. Even now, remembering this brings tears to my eyes. I struggled to speak. I could say a few words, but stringing a sentence together was impossible.

It was so frustrating because I knew what I wanted to say, I just couldn’t physically say it. I could not write at all. My hands shook so much that even holding a pen and not throwing it across the room was impossible. I struggled to eat. I remember my Mum feeding me toast in hospital one morning because I could not get the food to my mouth without shaking, and I could not find my mouth, because my perception of where my mouth was had gone. I had no immune system. The hospital staff believed I may have contracted Swine Flu because I was so sick. I had no nervous system. It was explained to me that the myelin sheath – which acts like a coating around the nerves – had been dissolved. My white blood cells were confused and were attacking themselves.

Basically, I was dying. The Neuro was honest with me and told me that the IVIG may work. Or it may not. At this very point, I had two options: sink, or swim. Sinking wasn’t an option. So long as I had breath in me, I would swim. And swim I did.

For the next 12 months, I was in hospital every 28 days to receive IVIG treatment. A great deal of this was sponsored by the Australian Red Cross, who I am forever grateful to. IVIG is the ‘peacekeeper’. It is human auto-immune and helps to restore the body. The thing is it can only do so much. The rest is up to you. I underwent intense physiotherapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy and hydrotherapy. I was told I could not work for at least two years.

It was believed to have been an illness called Acute Disseminated Encephalomyelitis (ADEM). ADEM is defined as ‘an immune mediated disease of the brain. It usually occurs following a viral infection but may appear following vaccination, bacterial or parasitic infection, or even appear spontaneously. As it involves autoimmune demyelination, it is similar to multiple sclerosis, and is considered part of the Multiple sclerosis borderline diseases. Simply put, it presents itself in a similar physical manifestation to MS; however it is believed that the ADEM which I experienced was a one off attack of my immune system, not ongoing degeneration. Also, unlike MS, the myelin sheath is believed to be repairing.

In December 2009, I enrolled to undertake a Masters of Teaching (Secondary) at theUniversity of Newcastle. Looking back, I am sure everyone thought I was insane, considering I could barely walk, write or speak. For me, teaching was one of those things that I had always thought of, but had never done, and as I had two years off work, I thought it was the best time to do it. Plus, it would keep my mind busy. I was accepted, and commenced full-time study in February 2010.

The two years that followed were full of Physio, Rehab, Gym, Study, Medical appointments and much, much more. I filled up my days as much as I could and pushed myself as far as I could. And the results spoke for themselves. In November 2011, a repeated PET scan showed that my cerebellum was coming back to life. This was a miracle. When the cerebellum switches off, it dies and shrinks. Mine didn’t.

I am now a high school teacher. I absolutely love my job, and my students are amazing. I have the most awesome family and friends, and an amazing God who is always on my side. Without them, I wouldn’t be who, or where I am right now. I am so blessed to be in a position where I can help other girls and families who are going through a similar situation.
This experience has changed who I am without a doubt. It has made me appreciate all of the wonderful things in life, and not to worry about the things that don’t matter. It has taught me to be happy, and always look at things positively and to always laugh and to always have fun. I won’t lie, it has been the hardest time of my life, but it has been the most rewarding. I have been subjected to a great deal of physical pain, and still live with the pain each day. I push my body each day, which is both painful and frustrating. The accusations and remarks that I have dealt with from people who do not understand the situation only cause me to have a thicker skin, and a greater empathy for those who live with an incurable illness. The mental and emotional turmoil is surreal, and is made a thousand times worse by the drugs causing havoc within the body, and the overall uncertainty of the situation. I quickly learnt that having a positive attitude and living each day to the fullest was the best way to go. I may never be 100% again, but I’m cool with that. It just gives me something to keep working toward.

To all the girls struggling with this, I have been there. Never give up. Don’t let this beat you. You don’t know how strong you are until you have to be. Every day is a blessing. Have a little faith.

There is a great deal of information that I have not had time to mention here. If you would like more information, advice, or to be put in contact with others that can help, please contact me via the SaneVax team at victims@sanevax.org or via Face book (Kristin Clulow).

Go to Top of Page

jabsadmin

1378 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2012 :  21:21:21  Show Profile  Visit jabsadmin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://sanevax.org/breaking-news-gardasil-fingerprints-found-in-post-mortem-samples/

SaneVax, Inc

Breaking News: Gardasil Fingerprints Found in Post-Mortem Samples
OCTOBER 23, 2012 BY ADMIN

For the first time in history, a biologically plausible mechanism of action has been discovered linking a vaccine to a serious adverse event. Gardasil has left behind its genetic fingerprint in post-mortem central nervous system samples of two girls who took this vaccine.

Two teenage girls from opposite ends of the world – both dead before their time have two additional things in common. They both took Gardasil to try and prevent cervical cancer and fragments of the HPV-16-L1 antigen used in Gardasil have been found in blood vessels within their brains.

The HPV-16-L1 protein is one of the antigens used in both Gardasil and Cervarix. An antigen is a toxin or other foreign substance that induces an immune response in the body. Theoretically, these antigens are not supposed to cross the blood brain barrier. However, according to a recently concluded case study this may not be the case.
Using a new immunohistochemical (IHC) protocol they developed, Drs. Chris Shaw and Lucija Tomljenovic examined post-mortem samples taken from the cerebellum, hippocampus, choroid plexus and watershed cortex of a 19 year-old girl; as well as post-mortem samples of the cerebellum, hippocampus, choroid plexus, portions of the brainstem (medulla, midbrain, pons), right basal ganglia, right parietal and left frontal lobes of a 14 year-old girl. They tested for the presence of two of the specific antigens used in both Gardasil and Cervarix: HPV-16-L1 and HPV-18-L1.

They discovered the presence of HPV-16-L1 particles within the blood vessels in the brain (cerebral vasculature) with some of these particles adhering to the blood vessel walls. For the average medical consumer, this is the equivalent of a Gardasil fingerprint and it should not be in brain tissues.

Does the presence of HPV-16-L1 particles inside these girls’ cerebral vasculature provide evidence of a “Trojan Horse” mechanism by which these particles adsorbed to aluminum adjuvant gain access to human brain tissue? Remember, both Gardasil and Cervarix contain HPV-16-L1 virus-like particles (VLP’s) of the recombinant major capsid (L1) protein adsorbed onto aluminum adjuvants.

Tomljenovic and Shaw also discovered that the antibodies against HPV-16-L1, which were used to detect the presence of HPV-16-L1 particles, were also binding to the wall of cerebral blood vessels in the brain samples.

Their IHC analysis also showed increased T-cell signaling and marked activation of the classical antibody-dependent complement pathway in cerebral vascular tissues from both cases. This pattern of complement activation, in the absence of an active brain infection, indicates an abnormal triggering of the immune response in which the immune attack is directed towards the blood vessels of the brain, thus triggering an autoimmune cerebral vasculitis.

Cerebral vasculitis is a serious disease which typically results in fatal outcomes when undiagnosed and left untreated. The fact that many of the symptoms reported to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) following HPV vaccination are indicative of cerebral vasculitis, but are unrecognized as such (i.e. intense persistent migraines, syncope, seizures, tremors and tingling, myalgia, locomotor abnormalities, psychotic symptoms and cognitive deficits) is a serious concern in light of Tomljenovic and Shaw’s findings.

Finally, there was clear evidence of brain hemorrhages in both cases which further demonstrated that a serious injury to the cerebral vasculature occurred.

For the average medical consumer, this evidence suggests that the antibodies produced in response to vaccination with the HPV-16-L1 may cause one’s immune system to attack its own blood vessels. HPV vaccines containing HPV-16-L1 antigens could therefore pose an inherent risk for triggering potentially fatal autoimmune vasculopathies.

There is little doubt that HPV vaccines are unsafe for some individuals. Who those individuals are and why they are more susceptible to serious adverse reactions than others remains unknown. More studies must be conducted to answer these questions.

The article by Drs. Chris Shaw and Lucija Tomljenovic entitled Death after qHPV vaccination: causal or coincidental, published in Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs today provides evidence of a biologically plausible mechanism of action linking a particular vaccine to serious adverse outcomes, perhaps for the first time in history. Although this study may not conclusively ‘prove’ causality, it seriously demonstrates the need for additional investigation. (Access entire article here.)

When reading this case study, one must understand the findings should be viewed with caution. This is a small sample size and there were no control samples available. However, the marked resemblance between the two cases strongly supports the present conclusions.
It is important to note that activation of the antibody-dependent complement pathway, as shown in Tomljenovic and Shaw’s analysis, typically occurs in neurodegenerative diseases which have an underlying immune trigger. This process is not a feature of a normal young brain.

Given that the autopsy in both cases revealed no major abnormality (anatomically, microbiologically or toxicologically) that might have been regarded as a potential cause of death; it appears plausible that the antigenic component of the HPV vaccine (HPV-16-L1) was indeed responsible for the fatal inflammation of the blood vessels.

Medical consumers need to know:
Vasculitis has long been recognized as a possible severe adverse reaction to vaccination.
Molecular mimicry (whereby the vaccine antigen resembles a host antigen) is generally accepted among medical professionals and scientists as a mechanism by which vaccines can trigger autoimmune diseases.

Tomljenovic & Shaw’s search of the VAERS database revealed numerous reports of post-HPV vaccination–associated vasculitis.

An analysis of these reports showed that post-HPV vaccination vasculitis-related symptoms most typically manifest within the first three to four months after vaccination, as was also reported in the two cases analyzed by Shaw and Tomljenovic.

Tomljenovic and Shaw also noted a striking similarity between the vasculitis-related symptoms reported to VAERS and those experienced by the two cases they examined.
Every vaccine carries some risk of adverse effects. Unlike most medications, vaccines are normally administered to healthy individuals. Therefore, it is all the more critical to identify those individuals who are at risk for serious adverse events after vaccines.

We consider ourselves a civilized society. The time has come to stop sacrificing the life and future of anyone for the greater good. The time has come to admit vaccine injuries occur, find out why and cure those already affected. Anything less is neither responsible, nor ethical.

Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth Hart

Australia
55 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2012 :  09:19:38  Show Profile  Visit Elizabeth Hart's Homepage  Send Elizabeth Hart an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm very concerned about the way the questionable HPV vaccine is being foisted upon 12-13 year olds around the world, and I have forwarded a letter on the subject to the Editor-in-Chief of The Australian newspaper, Chris Mitchell.

For information, my detailed hyperlinked and referenced letter can be accessed via the following link: http://users.on.net/~peter.hart/Is_universal_HPV_vaccination_necessary.pdf

Bearing in mind Aesculapian authority, doctors need to be mindful of the medical interventions they press upon their healthy clients, and be more questioning of products being heavily promoted by pharmaceutical companies and others with a vested interest.

It seems to me there's a 'big picture' on the growing vaccine market that needs to be examined.
Go to Top of Page

Elizabeth Hart

Australia
55 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2013 :  07:14:05  Show Profile  Visit Elizabeth Hart's Homepage  Send Elizabeth Hart an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Gardasil was originally rejected by the Australian Pharmaceutical Benefits Advisory Committee (PBAC) in 2006.

An article by Matthew Stevens in The Australian at the time (November 2006), reports the PBAC rejected Gardasil because it was "too expensive and, just maybe, not what it was cracked up to be anyway".(1) Apparently,Tony Abbott, then the Australian Federal Health Minister “took to the airwaves, passing on PBAC’s concerns about the efficacy of Gardasil and even floating the bizarre idea that a misplaced confidence in the effectiveness of the vaccine might actually result in "an increase in cancer rates"."

According to Matthew Stevens very interesting report in The Australian, it took just 24 hours for the then Prime Minister, John Howard, to "put an end to the nonsense", delivering "sparkling prime ministerial endorsement to Gardasil along with a clear direction to Minister Abbott that the immunisation program should proceed. And pronto."

So is this how important decisions on vaccination practice are made? On the whim of a Prime Minister in pre-electioneering mode? John Howard's wife had cervical cancer.(2) Did this personal experience affect Howard’s decision? Was this appropriate considering the complexity of the issue in regards to low risk of cancer, controversy re age of cervical cancer screening etc?

What sort of lobbying took place to overturn the PBAC's original decision to reject Gardasil?

This decision to add HPV vaccination to the Australian vaccination program for both girls and boys will impact on millions of children around the world.

Getting a vaccine on the national schedule must be the 'golden goose' for vaccine manufacturers as this assures a mass market for their vaccine product. It also helps create a 'domino' effect as other countries follow suit and adopt the vaccine, creating a mass global market.

No wonder Professor Ian Frazer, co-inventor of the technology enabling the HPV vaccines, was willing to forego royalties from developing countries(3) – how much profit will he reap from sales of the vaccine to governments in developed countries?

I suggest there should be an urgent independent investigation into the aggressive marketing of the Gardasil HPV vaccine.

Elizabeth Hart
http://over-vaccination.net/ – Challenging Big Pharma’s lucrative over-vaccination of people and animals

References:
1. Howard rescues Gardasil from Abbott poison pill. The Australian, November 11, 2006: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/opinion/howard-rescues-gardasil-from-abbott-poison-pill/story-e6frg9lx-1111112503504
2. How the Rudds profited from Janette Howard's cancer scare. Crikey, February 22, 2007: http://www.crikey.com.au/2007/02/22/how-the-rudds-profited-from-janette-howards-cancer-scare/
3. "Ian Frazer as co-inventor of the technology enabling the HPV vaccine receives royalties from their sale in the developed world." Catch Cancer? No thanks, I’d rather have a shot!. The Conversation, 10 July 2012: http://theconversation.edu.au/catch-cancer-no-thanks-id-rather-have-a-shot-7568
Go to Top of Page

jabsadmin

1378 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2013 :  09:12:55  Show Profile  Visit jabsadmin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A parent of a daughter with health problems following HPV vaccine has asked JABS to post the following message onto our forum.

Jabsadmin

'If your daughter has suffered side effects from the HPV Vaccination (either product) please e-mail hpvvaccination@hotmail.co.uk.

A group of parents whose daughters have had serious side effects from the vaccinations are taking part in an anonymous survey to find common factors.

We also have a closed support group on Facebook.'
Go to Top of Page

Sam

105 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2013 :  12:09:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A not so anonymous victim

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/8889257/Cervical-cancer-jab-left-girl-13-in-waking-coma-claim-parents.html

So many others.

Cancer protection is unlikely if reactions are this bad. Cancer will be a threat more like as toxins like aluminium interfere with immunity.

These girls are the canaries down the mine. Something seriously bad this way comes.

Edited by - Sam on 03/24/2013 13:20:10
Go to Top of Page

jabsadmin

1378 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2013 :  00:26:01  Show Profile  Visit jabsadmin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/stress-and-health-dr-lind/2013/apr/10/us-court-pays-6-million-gardasil-victims/

US court pays $6 million to Gardasil victims

10th April 2013

Gardasil, the vaccine for HPV (human papillomavirus), may not be as safe as backers claim.
Judicial Watch announced it has received documents from the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) revealing that its National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (VICP) has awarded $5,877,710 dollars to 49 victims in claims made against the highly controversial HPV (human papillomavirus) vaccines. To date 200 claims have been filed with VICP, with barely half adjudicated.....................

Go to Top of Page

jabsadmin

1378 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2013 :  12:56:15  Show Profile  Visit jabsadmin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
www.strathspey-herald.co.uk

Mother’s concern over anti-cancer jab for girls
By Tom Ramage

30th May 2013

PARENTS in Badenock and Strathspey are being advised to request patient information leaflets on an anti-cancer vaccination before signing their children up to it.

The advice has come from health campaigners who have visited towns and villages throughout the strath in recent weeks including Kingussie, Grantown and Nethy Bridge to highlight their experiences with Cervarix.

It has been widely administered to 12 and 13-year-old girls as part of a UK immunisation programme. Their concerns for the treatment remains for the vaccine which recently superceded it, Gardasil.

The companies behind both insist their vaccines offer protection from the Human Papilloma Virus (HPV), the most common cause of cervical cancer, and the UK and Scottish governments as well as health chiefs have maintained they are perfectly safe.

However, Sherrell Halliday said that thousands of recipients reported a wide range of adverse reactions to Cervarix including her daughter, Deborah, and she had serious concerns over the possibility of side-effects of the new drug.

When the family’s poster-packed campaign vehicle spread its message in Kingussie’s High Street, Mrs Halliday’s 16-year-old daughter Deborah told the “Strathy”:

"My life was turned upside down after I took the first two jags of the three-jag course. There were so many problems and I was in such pain that I really thought I would end up in a wheelchair for the rest of my life.

"I just don’t want any other girls to go through what I did. We need to help them help themselves."

Deborah continued: "I was in terrible pain and I still suffer, although I’m more stable now that doctors finally began to listen to me. But since I’ve been through hell I’m desperate to stop others going through it.

"I had no choice – we simply didn’t know any better and there was no one to warn us – but now we do know more and we simply have to offer other girls the choice.

"They must decide for themselves whether they want to take this drug or not."

The Halliday family, from Nairn, have been touring the country in their own research programme and have now extended it to Badenoch and Strathspey.

Mrs Halliday said: "We want to know if anyone in the strath has encountered similar problems. We would like them to contact us."
She has had to nurse her daughter for two years after, within hours of the initial injection, Deborah experienced muscle pains, swollen joints and stiff limbs. Severe fatigue set in over the next three months. She also suffered chest compression, low blood sugar, headaches, dizziness and nausea.

Mrs Halliday explained: "Even though they have switched from Cervarix to Gardasil, both vaccines contain alluminium which is a heavy metal and neurotoxin and can cause death of brain cells.

"Both carry mild to severe side effects leaving a devastating impact on some children while others do not seem to be affected.

"The side effects of Cervarix or Gardasil are similar with reports of abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, lip swelling and general disorders including malaise, abnormal sensations, injection site reactions chest discomfort, immune system disorders.

"In some children there have been muscle and tissue disorders including arthritis and myalgia and some nervous system disorders such as paralysis and seizures. Our research has also noted certain psychiatric disorders including anxiety and panic attacks."

Mrs Halliday was also accompanied on her Badenoch visit by her younger daughter, Kathryn, who has refused the old and now the new vaccination.

She is convinced the problem for Deborah is alluminium poisoning. The antidote was water and food rich in silica, she said, along with physio and hydrotherapy.

"But we believe all the problems can be avoided if more is known about the way drugs can affect some girls. Many are unaffected, yes, but what of those that are vulnerable? We all need to know more about what's going on.

" Children have a right to patient information leaflets and they must start asking for them."

Anyone wanting to share any experiences with the Hallidays can contact the campaign at fredajean@btopenworld.com. They can check other children's adverse reactions on sanevax.org.

No local problems

It is understood that local GPs have witnessed no problems like those reported by the Halliday family. One told The Strathy: "I think the vaccine now immunises against more strains of HPV, so was adopted as it offers even more protection.

"It's all good news, as both vaccines are effective. Cervical cancer is a major and avoidable disease which the vaccines should prevent from happening.

"The concern ought to be about avoiding the sort of negative publicity that MMR got some years back. The UK is now paying for that via a measles outbreak in Wales.

"Would a cervical cancer sufferer have wanted to get the vaccine as a teenager? It's a no-brainer, of course she would. It's an awful disease, often fatal, difficult to treat, yet could be prevented."

Abhayadevi Tissington, NHS Highlands Nurse Consultant (Health Protection), told The Strathy: "There is a wealth of evidence demonstrating that the vaccines (both Cervarix and Gardasil) which protect against cervical cancer are safe and effective.

"In the first four years of the immunisation programme over 6 million doses of Cervarix were given across the UK and there were no more adverse reactions than expected.

"The majority of reactions are recognised side effects such as injection site reaction, fever, nausea, headache and dizziness.

"Other more unusual reported reactions were investigated by the MHRA. For example, a number of girls were reported to have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (post-viral fatigue). However, investigation demonstrated that following the introduction of the HPV vaccine, the number of girls suffering from this condition has been no more than the usual background level.

"There is no evidence that such conditions were caused by the vaccine. Vaccine uptake amongst girls in NHS Highland has been high - over 80 per cent complete the three dose course each year, and we are confident that girls and their parents will continue to say yes to the vaccine which protects against the two types of HPV that causes 75 per cent of the cases of cervical cancer."

Positive outlook

Cervarix was replaced in the vaccination programme with Gardasil in September 2012. It's safety experience during the vaccination programme "supports previous conclusions that the benefit/risk balance remained positive." said the Medicines Heathcare products Regulatory Agency.

A spokesman said: "Gardasil is a scientifically proven vaccine that has been extensively used in other european countries and the USA, with tens of millions of people vaccinated.

"The benefits associated with Gardasil far outweigh the risk of serious side effects, which are rare. We closely monitor all emerging evidence and we will take action when we need to and people should speak to their doctor if they have concerns."

Go to Top of Page

jabsadmin

1378 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2013 :  12:58:55  Show Profile  Visit jabsadmin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/boys-should-get-hpv-cancer-jab-too-experts-say-8827333.html?origin=internalSearch

Independent

19th September 2013

Boys should get HPV cancer jab too, experts say

Public health bodies are calling for a universal vaccine for both girls and boys in the UK

By Heather Saul

Public and sexual health bodies are calling for boys to receive the HPV vaccine already offered to girls to protect them from cervical cancer.

The human papillomavirus (HPV) is associated with different forms of cancer, including cancer of the penis, vagina and mouth, and spreads through sexual contact.

Girls aged 12-13 are offered the HPV vaccination whilst at school in the UK, but the Faculty of Public Health and the British Association for Sexual Health has said that boys should also be routinely offered the jab.

HPV vaccinations currently provide protection against the two most common strains of the virus, which can cause cervical and anal cancer. The existing vaccine Cervarix was replaced with Gardasil in September 2012, which also protects against genital warts.

Speaking to the BBC, Prof John Ashton, the head of the Faculty of Public Health, said: “It seems oral sex has become a very common part of the repertoire in young people and it does seem a likely part of the story of increases in oral cancer.

“We really need to discuss oral sex as part of sex education in schools and to look closely at extending the vaccine to all men.”

There are currently more than 1,000 cases of oropharyngeal cancer diagnosed a year, double the number of cases seen annually during the 1990s.

He said having a reduced cancer risk because of the vaccine would be particularly beneficial for gay men.

In February the Throat Cancer Charity called for a universal HPV vaccination and urged the Government to extend the programme to all 12-year-olds, as HPV has been linked to oral sex.

The British Medical Association joined the debate in January by writing to Anna Soubry, minister for Health, urging her to introduce HPV vaccinations for young gay men attending sexual health clinics, warning that there is an “alarming increase in anal cancer in gay men”.

HPV vaccination with Gardasil, which also protects against genital warts, was introduced for girls in Australia in 2004 before being extended to boys in 2012. Australia is the only country to offer the vaccine to both girls and boys.

Despite numerous calls for a universal vaccine, the Department of Health has said it has no plans to extend the programme to boys, a decision they say is based on "an assessment of currently available scientific evidence".

“Vaccination of boys was not recommended by the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation because once 80 per cent coverage among girls has been achieved, there is little benefit in vaccinating boys to prevent cervical cancer in girls.”

Go to Top of Page

peanuts

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2013 :  01:12:38  Show Profile  Send peanuts an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My nearly 14 year old son has just informed me that his school are planning to give a vaccine for "testicular cancer" to all boys in his school! I am assuming, as I have received no information about it, that they mean the HPV vaccine. Are they allowed to promote it in this way? We have had a long conversation about it and, as I have read and researched vaccines myself, I have resolved not to vaccinate my children and so I am not inclined to allow him to have it. But it seems it is not going to be as easy for me to make that decision. He says he doesn't want to appear to be the only one not getting it. The pressure is very unfair on young people, who cannot possibly understand or absorb the implications of having this jab, or to understand any of the information in favour of non-vaccination. He doesn't know how it could be possible for people in his school or health professionals to mislead or give false information, and why should his family go against the grain? Does anyone have any advice on how to tackle this one?

patricia
Go to Top of Page

jabsadmin

1378 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2013 :  11:56:48  Show Profile  Visit jabsadmin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Patricia

I'm so sorry that you are being faced with this dilemma.

I think you need to act speedily with this as your son could be persuaded by the school medical team to countermand any decision you and his father make.

I would like to speak with you about this and offer some suggestions which may also help your son to find a way through this without feeling he is the odd one out or making a hasty decision one way or the other.

I can be reached on the JABS telephone line: 01942 713565.

Best wishes

Jackie
Go to Top of Page

peanuts

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2013 :  15:51:16  Show Profile  Send peanuts an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thank you so much Jackie for your advice. I am very grateful.

patricia
Go to Top of Page

jackie

United Kingdom
117 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2013 :  22:30:56  Show Profile  Visit jackie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You're very welcome, Patricia.

I hope my suggestions prove useful.

Best wishes

Jackie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Jabs - Justice, Awareness and Basic Support © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page