JABS Forum
 Experience and Support
 Making the right choice for my children
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

babywearingmum

2 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2010 :  21:58:49  Show Profile  Send babywearingmum an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone.

Two months ago I recieved my 'reminder' that both my girls (3 years and 14 months) were due for their vaccines.
I ignored them, put them in the cupboard.

3 weeks later they came again, this carried on and I have recieved 4 reminders for both girls.

I phoned the doc and made the appointment twice and cancelled both times, i just can't bring myself to do it.

Now I had my first vaccinated up until the last done when she was 16 months and had the MMR, it was delayed due to an egg allergy and even after a quite bad reaction to the egg tests I was told to still give her the MMR.

The day she had it, she was very very unwell after and I rang the doc who assured me it was a 'bug' not the MMR.

I had my second daughter and she had a routine vacines up until 4 months, she would be due her 12 months and 13 months now and my first at 3 years old would be due her 'top ups'

During the time of having my children vaccinated, I fought my own mother instincts and went with the flock, yes it was extremely upsetting seeing them upset and not something I ever wanted, but it was felt more 'wrong' that they were having them at all.

I wish I didn't let them have them and went with my instinct.

I have made the choice now not to continue with vaccinations, I know they are not what they are made out to be, but at the same time I feel scared and questioning if im doing the right thing.

My head is totally boggled with these 'facts' and all of them wether pro or anti vax say they have the 'facts!'

I breastfed my first for 13 months and my second is still breastfeeding at 14 months, which I know would be doing wonderful things for their bodies, they both eat very well and I would say 80 - 90% of their food is cooked from scratch and I buy as much organic as possible (or what I can afford)

But I don't know if im doing enough.

I spoke to my MIL earlier and she said that I can only do what I believe to be right for my children, but I know this will not be the comment I will get from pro vaxers.

*sigh* I just feel like I have hit a huge point in my life and I am about to make the most important change in ours.

Thanks for reading

john

United Kingdom
608 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2010 :  16:33:45  Show Profile  Visit john's Homepage  Send john an AOL message  Reply with Quote
spent 17 years looking into vaccines, last two kids, now 13 and 16 100% unvaccinated http://whale.to/vaccines.html

MD/MB in UK who is anti vax http://whale.to/w/donegan1.html

"There is a great deal of evidence to prove that immunization of children does more harm than good."---Dr. J. Anthony Morris, former Chief Vaccine Control Officer and research virologist, US FDA
Go to Top of Page

Truth Seeker

United Kingdom
978 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2010 :  17:34:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"I spoke to my MIL earlier and she said that I can only do what I believe to be right for my children, but I know this will not be the comment I will get from pro vaxers"

You don't have to justify yourself to pro vaxxers, your vaccine choice is your own business and nobody else's.
We have been conditioned all our lives so its only natural to feel nervous and to question if you are doing the right thing.
My own experience of not vaccinating is that as time went on and i observed the wonderful health of my non vaccinated children i became more convinced i made the right choice as well as the research we did.

I think you are courageous and i wish you all the best with your choice.

Vaccinations cause chronic diseases is as fully an accurate things to say as "smoking kills" warnings on cigarette packs.
Go to Top of Page

rspringbaby

1 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2010 :  13:33:43  Show Profile  Send rspringbaby an AOL message  Reply with Quote
just wanted to let you know i'm in a similar boat! i've gone along with the "schedule" until now, and have serious doubts about the MMR. my daughter is 16 months, still breastfeeding and very healthy. i think i might go for a single measles jab for her but i'm concerned about side effects / allergies (i have allergies myself).

sonya
Go to Top of Page

Do not vaccinate

63 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2010 :  21:15:33  Show Profile  Send Do not vaccinate an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have a 2 year old daughter. 100% vaccine free. A clever, healthy and robust child. I see her peers (who have been vaccinated) suffering a low level of health (chest infections, ear infections, asthma and eczema) all vaccine related in my opinion. A member of my family is vaccine damaged (suffered severe brain damage) and the parents were told at the time that the vaccines were safe - what a dreadful medical mistake. You have done the right thing.

Ps. you can easily remove yourself from the reminder list with a phone call.
Go to Top of Page

babywearingmum

2 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2010 :  22:47:15  Show Profile  Send babywearingmum an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to say thank you very much!

I have been reading lots lately (head in a spin too!)

But your encouragment has been greatfully received!
Go to Top of Page

divastrop

United Kingdom
19 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2010 :  21:04:34  Show Profile  Send divastrop an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I went through similar feelings when I first decided not to have my youngest child vaccinated. My eldest 2 children had the full schedule and I never really questioned vaccinations until my 3rd child was due to have the MMR and I didn't feel right about it. He ended up having it at the age of 2 as I was pressured into it, and it was followed by 6 months of constant ear/throat/chest infections which were bad enough to need strong antibiotics and inhalers. The end result was glue ear which caused hearing loss and speech problems.
when I had my 4th child I really started to question vaccinations as she had spent 2 weeks in hospital (5 days in intensive care) with bronchiolitis and had also been found to be infected with Hib, although it had been caught in time to give antibiotics and not cause any complications. When she went for her jabs, though, I asked the nurse if my daughter would still be having the Hib vaccine and she said yes, so I asked why seeing as she had had the infection. The nurse looked blankly at me and carried on. The fact that this woman was giving my tiny baby these injections and didn't seemt o have a clue about them other than the script she'd been taught started alarm bells, and my daughter had no more vaccines.
By the time my youngest was born they were giving 5 in 1 vaccines to babies and I had serious misgivings. I too made appointments but kept cancelling them because I just didn't feel right about her having the jabs. In the end I told the doctor she wasn't having any, and I got an earful from the Health Visitor who made me out to be negelctful, but I told her that the day I find some unbiased hard evidence that my child's life was more at risk from the illnesses which are vaccinated against, than at risk from the vaccines themselves, was the day I go ahead with the vaccinations.
My little one is 3 and a half now and still vaccine free. she is very healthy and like others have said I see parents who's children have had all the jabs and the children have asthma, food allergies, digestive problems, as well as constant colds and chest infections. My daughter didn't even catch the standard september tummy bug this year, and even I got it this time! I still worry sometimes about her catching one of these things she could have been vaccinated against but that's just something I have to live with; I would rather she continues to build her natural immunity.
Go to Top of Page

madz1974uk

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2010 :  21:11:22  Show Profile  Send madz1974uk an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just been reading through this site. Yet again, received another letter from doctors with regards to immunisation. Recent Holby City drama unfolding of measles just last night. All connected for me. But just felt so uncomfortable and untrusting of the vaccines.

I have read lots of literature about the immune system over the years, and how our bodies are naturally built for fighting off infection. Have always believed that any kind of vaccines can only weaken the body and mess around with the natural order of life.

My daughter is 5 years old. She has rarely been ill, food, herbs, and educating her on what she is eating is always top of my list, and I try to do the best for her.

I have recently been considering the jabs, but after reading the literature on this site again, and your comments, and not being the only one who has decided not for my daughter to have these jabs, has been very reassuring to me. Thank you, to all.

quote:
[i]Originally posted by babywearingmum[/i]
[br]Hi everyone.

Two months ago I recieved my 'reminder' that both my girls (3 years and 14 months) were due for their vaccines.
I ignored them, put them in the cupboard.

3 weeks later they came again, this carried on and I have recieved 4 reminders for both girls.

I phoned the doc and made the appointment twice and cancelled both times, i just can't bring myself to do it.

Now I had my first vaccinated up until the last done when she was 16 months and had the MMR, it was delayed due to an egg allergy and even after a quite bad reaction to the egg tests I was told to still give her the MMR.

The day she had it, she was very very unwell after and I rang the doc who assured me it was a 'bug' not the MMR.

I had my second daughter and she had a routine vacines up until 4 months, she would be due her 12 months and 13 months now and my first at 3 years old would be due her 'top ups'

During the time of having my children vaccinated, I fought my own mother instincts and went with the flock, yes it was extremely upsetting seeing them upset and not something I ever wanted, but it was felt more 'wrong' that they were having them at all.

I wish I didn't let them have them and went with my instinct.

I have made the choice now not to continue with vaccinations, I know they are not what they are made out to be, but at the same time I feel scared and questioning if im doing the right thing.

My head is totally boggled with these 'facts' and all of them wether pro or anti vax say they have the 'facts!'

I breastfed my first for 13 months and my second is still breastfeeding at 14 months, which I know would be doing wonderful things for their bodies, they both eat very well and I would say 80 - 90% of their food is cooked from scratch and I buy as much organic as possible (or what I can afford)

But I don't know if im doing enough.

I spoke to my MIL earlier and she said that I can only do what I believe to be right for my children, but I know this will not be the comment I will get from pro vaxers.

*sigh* I just feel like I have hit a huge point in my life and I am about to make the most important change in ours.

Thanks for reading

Go to Top of Page

joanne

United Kingdom
38 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2011 :  17:00:43  Show Profile  Send joanne an AOL message  Reply with Quote
HI,I have just joined this site and just having a look around and reading certain post. I came across this one , which took my eye.
I have a 2.5yr old daughter who is 100% vaccine free. She is very very healthy and has yet to receive any medicines at all from the doc. I found it hard and still do with the pros and cons of vaccines. I have just started to look at Baby jabs clinic in London and i am wondering if i should make an appointment for a consultation to speak with the doc there. Most of the time i am happy with my choices but you know how your brain plays tricks on you!
Does anyone have any experience of Dr Richard Halvorsen?
But to reply to this post i would say , yes you are doing the right thing. And been informed about the issue is the best thing you can do . Most parents dont read a thing about vaccines other than the leaflet you get from the Dr.
Just to add my 2 siblings and myself are all vaccine free and we had all the childhood diseases and coped fine with them. To this day we are all very healthy people with no illness's and issues. We are 38 ,30 and 24 years old.

Joanne Williams
Go to Top of Page

Chris Hemmings

United Kingdom
53 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2011 :  22:13:32  Show Profile  Visit Chris Hemmings's Homepage  Send Chris Hemmings an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That's great, Joanne. I hope you don't waver - I'm sure the transgenerational transfers of immunity are compromised by immunisation. Mother to offspring, so mother to daughter to daughter etc, etc. That's the stupidity of the pro-vaccine talk of "Pack immunity" which is exactly what they're destroying. Fighting talk, eh.

Otherwise all you others think nutrition, cleanliness and attention to any ailments. In other words, act as you do anyway. That's the beauty of the natural path - it helps you to be an even better parent and a closer family. Our NVK are 13, 15 and 17 and rarely ill, although they do suffer from being teenagers!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Jabs - Justice, Awareness and Basic Support © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page