New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

Joan

United Kingdom
599 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2007 :  11:39:48  Show Profile  Visit Joan's Homepage  Reply with Quote

Then there was the mysterious withdrawal of legal aid for the thousands of parents who were fighting for compensation after their children suffered serious, and sometimes permanent, damage after having the vaccine. Their claim was against the vaccine’s manufacturer, Smith Kline & French Laboratories.
Their appeal against the withdrawal of legal aid was dismissed in a secret session with High Court judge Sir Nigel Davis

I would like to add that my son's claim was and will be in future, against an American company called Merck & Co Inc.
Go to Top of Page

mandyb

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2007 :  19:24:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just want to say our son's claim was against Merck & Co. Do I still complete the complaints form in and what address do I put for address of court or tribunal? Once I have done this and a letter, I will inform our Local Press. Would it be ok just to forward a copy of the document I received on Guidance for Claimants of MMR and my response - thanks again Has this been featured yet in any papers or on the news ??
Thanks mandy
Go to Top of Page

GUS THE FUSS

United Kingdom
1469 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2007 :  19:28:01  Show Profile  Visit GUS THE FUSS's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Good on you Mandy as below.The guidance letter you received is for guidance and use any bits of it in your complaint but I would try not to just enclose it as your complaint.This is my thoughts so maybe Im wrong if so please advise Mandy.

The Office for Judicial Complaints website is:
http://www.judicialcomplaints.gov.uk/
Complaints can be addressed to:
customer@ojc.gsi.gov.uk

The reference for the case is:
Mr Justice Davis
The Queen on the application of W (Claimant)
Versus
The Legal Services Commission (Defendant)

In the High Court of Justice Queen's Bench Division
The Administrative Court
Case no
CO/6911/2003
and held on
Friday 27th February 2004

Edited by - GUS THE FUSS on 06/03/2007 19:33:28
Go to Top of Page

mandyb

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2007 :  20:07:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many thanks for this.
Go to Top of Page

mandyb

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2007 :  20:41:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is our complaint - hope it is ok sent it off!

It has come to our attention that the High Court Judge, Mr Justice Davis, who ruled against the reinstatement of the legal aid certificates for our children has a brother, - director of MMR manufacturer GlaxoSmithKline, one of those MMR manufacturers, GlaxoSmithKline (formerly SmithKline Beecham)

A High Court Judge should never have been allowed to preside over hearing and sitting in judgement where his brother was a Defendant. This is judicial impropriety of the most serious kind and at the highest level as it involved a High Court judge. This is also a grave injustice inflicted upon our children as the innocent victims.

It is important to note that this same brother was also the proprietor of the medical journal Lancet, who suddenly had a change of heart with regard to Dr Andrew Wakefield, and this was timed to occur within a week of the decision made by the High Court Judge.
We have to admire Dr Andrew Wakefield for all the support he has given to us and the way he has remained strong in his belief that the MMR was the cause of some cases of autism.
Our son, Liam Brunskill, (d.o.b. 15.7.1992) developed normally as a baby (we have video evidence) and reached milestones well within normal range.(medical evidence) He suffered milk intolerance. At 1 year old (15.7.1993) he received the MMR. On returning home that evening he burnt up severely and the inconsolable screaming (that will always remain with us), made us call an emergency doctor. He was offered calpol. Over following few weeks he continued to become more and more lethargic and came out in a "measles" type rash. He stopped eating normally and he had bouts of Diarrhoea (medical evidence). He stopped looking at us and lost the skills he had previously gained. After numerous eye/hearing/brain ect tests we were told our son, who was born a “bright child” was severely autistic. He was also investigated for Crohn’s Disease, and constantly suffered from bowel/diarahoea problems We had no doubt the MMR caused the turn around in our son.
If this is not distressing enough, it is more distressing that as parents we require acknowledgement of our son’s disability and the cause we believe to be the MMR. Within weeks of his vaccination, I was at our doctors taking our children from any list to have future vaccinations.
I know you are unable to consider any decision made about the case itself, but we strongly believe that the very least the judicial authorities should do is to revisit this decision for the restoration of our children’s legal aid certificates.
3 June 2007

mandy

Go to Top of Page

GUS THE FUSS

United Kingdom
1469 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2007 :  22:40:30  Show Profile  Visit GUS THE FUSS's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Spot on Mandy

As they say "Autism - it's no mystery, it's vaccines."And we will prove it given our day in court which our children have been denied

M.M.R.R.I.P.

Edited by - GUS THE FUSS on 06/03/2007 22:43:36
Go to Top of Page

John Stone

United Kingdom
1254 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2007 :  22:48:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brian sounds rattled:

http://briandeer.com/wakefield/jabs-cruelty.htm

Please note that people give reference to substantiate what they post here. We are are also happy to post links to his site. Something which is not reciprocated. It looks like Brian does not trust his readers to make up their own minds.

Difficult, of course, to know where to begin, but I have to admit that the idea that the drug companies really wanted the litigation to go ahead strikes me as outrageously silly.

Edited by - John Stone on 06/04/2007 10:34:42
Go to Top of Page

bubblegal

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2007 :  23:13:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
we were one of those many families claiming compensation through alexander harris how dare he do what he did knowing that at the last minute he would withdraw the public funding havent our children suffered enough at least compensation wold help us to know that when we are no longer around they may get proper care with the compensation they received he is a very very selfish and evil man with no soul at all charlene
Go to Top of Page

bill2b

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2007 :  13:14:37  Show Profile  Visit bill2b's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My complaint forms being posted off today so thanks to all for all the work involved. This Judge and his Brother should be struck off IMHO
My son has Aspergers and was one of the claimants.

One point That interests me is the similarity between this case and the Gulf War Claimants (of which I was one). I and a lot of others believe Multiple injections caused the problems we suffered.
I was tested at the MOD in London and the Military doctor said it was his opinion that the multiple jabs caused the problems (But he would not give me that in writing) and told me to keep up my legal payments.
Then all of a sudden we were left in the lurch and told we did not have a case any more the legal people just took our money and went!!!

Wonder if Mr Davis or his brother had anything to do with this as well?

This place seems good to write to MPs, http://www.writetothem.com/. I managed to send my complaint off to my local MP and all the euro MPs with a couple of clicks!
Lets see if they answer

Edited by - bill2b on 06/04/2007 14:16:09
Go to Top of Page

Teresa25

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2007 :  18:48:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there anybody in the Kent area going to the GMC meeting on July 16th regarding Dr Wakefield and Prof Murch?
Go to Top of Page

Wanda

United Kingdom
133 Posts

Posted - 06/04/2007 :  21:02:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's an amazing load of bilge from Deer. What is his problem? He's clearly the expert in all of this and has done the work of the GMC already, so presumably no hearing need now take place in July. Of course, Deer, being the fountain of sincere sympathy for us unfortunate deluded parents, would have reluctantly accepted payment for his work.
Go to Top of Page

vickfamily

3 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2007 :  15:07:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
10 years preparation for court down the drain i said to my wife at the time that something about this decision stinks and i have been proved right. money talks and the working class always get shafted because we canot afford to take on the big boys with expensive lawyers. my daughter natalie is now sixteen she was taken ill at 15 months old nine days after her mmr she has been left with long term
problems (autistic traits)and epilepsy.she will need care for the rest of her life . my concern is that my wife and i will not be here forever to care of her.our complaint form is being posted today thanks to everyone for the work they have done and are doing to keep this story alive.
Go to Top of Page

jabsadmin

1379 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2007 :  18:22:32  Show Profile  Visit jabsadmin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wigan Observer
June 5 2007

Conflict of interest claim into decision not to award legal aid in MMR vaccine case

Group call for judge probe

By Charles Graham

charles.graham@lancspublications.co.uk

A Wigan-based campaign group is demanding a probe into the judge who denied them legal aid to fight for vaccine damage compensation.

Jabs, founded by Wigan mum Jackie Fletcher, say that Mr Justice Sir Nigel Davis failed to declare a conflict of interest when holding an inquiry into whether families who claim their youngsters developed autism and bowel conditions from the MMR inoculation should receive state legal assistance.

His decision in 2003 not to allow legal aid to continue caused many families to give up their fight for compensation because they could not afford the fees from their own pocket.

But in the last fortnight it has been confirmed in a letter to a Jabs member from the Office of Judicial Complaint that the judge's brother Sir Crispin Davis was a non-executive director of GlaxoSmithKline - one of the companies that manufactures the MMR vaccine accused of damaging side-effects.

Moreover, the judge has since admitted that he was aware of his brother's involvement in the pharmaceutical giant but said it never occurred to him that there was a conflict of interests.

Jabs campaigners are also keen to point out that Crispin Davis was also chief executive officer of Reed Elsevier, publisher of the medical journal The Lancet.

It was in the Lancet in 1998 that Dr Andrew Wakefield of the Royal Free Hospital published a paper which linked MMR with autism and bowel conditions.

But the Lancet later disowned his findings - just before the hearing - its editor saying he wished it had never published them.

Dr Wakefield's work was central to the inquiry conducted by Mr Justice Davis.

Mrs Fletcher, whose 15-year-old son Robert developed autism and epilepsy just weeks after having his MMR at the age of 13 months, said: "In view of the recent developments, we have now written an official complaint to the Office of Judicial Complaint.

"Questions have to be asked and we would think that another judge should now have to re-visit the case.

"A new judge may or may not come to a different conclusion but the case at least has to be tested again."

A spokesman for the judiciary said: "In 2003 Mr Justice Davis's brother was appointed as a Non-Executive Director of GlaxoSmithKline, a company which was formed as a result of a merger with Smith Kline Beecham.

"At the date of the hearing the possibility of any conflict of interest arising from his brother's position did not occur to him.

"If he was wrong, any possible remedy must be sought from the Court of Appeal."

Go to Top of Page

Joan

United Kingdom
599 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2007 :  19:07:44  Show Profile  Visit Joan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Glad to see you on board, Wanda Teresa and the latest Vickyfamily. As you can see you are not alone and isolated no more. We as parents will make sure our children's plight and the plight of many unsuspecting families to come will be heard. We will not go away.

The MMR10 have been fighting through the courts now since the decision in FEb 2004 and we are not giving up now.

You are so right about the amount of work we have had to do and it does feel like it has all gone down the drain but it's good to hold onto all the information that you have so painstakingly collected to help our children. Don't forget you are entitled to complete copies of your children's medical records and it can help to keep track of all that is done and not been done to help.
Go to Top of Page

GUS THE FUSS

United Kingdom
1469 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2007 :  21:08:41  Show Profile  Visit GUS THE FUSS's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You forgot bill2b .As you know Bill its all linked to vaccine damage AIDS Aids is a very similar disease to Autism click below you have probably seen this on WHALE.The walls will tumble on the aids debate/vaccine argument if any link is made to vaccines via autism which is why many doctors are destroyed on suggestion of this

http://www.whale.to/aids.html

Edited by - GUS THE FUSS on 06/06/2007 10:58:32
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Jabs - Justice, Awareness and Basic Support © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page