New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Shann

1 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  18:39:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fee, your experience sounds very similar to mine. I'd just had a ceasarian and was numb from the waist down and was lying in bed with all these folk leaning over me trying to persuade me to change my mind. I'd refused the vit K weeks before the birth but the first nurse to visit me told me what harm I could be doing if I refused this. "Everyone gets it, what's the matter with you?", was the tone I was getting. "My kids have had it and there's nothing wrong with them." She was exasperated and insistant. I'd mentally prepared myself for this so stuck to my decision. She left and a doctor appeared and tried the same blackmailing tactics. My daughter was taken to special care and to my knowledge, and on my orders, wasn't given the vitamin K injection. I often wonder though if someone went over my head and saw me as not in a fit state at that minute to make that decision and gave her the injection anyway. I hope not. After reading your story and others here I'll make a point of asking my GP about this next time I take my daughter for a visit. My daughter is six now and (to my knowledge) has never had an injection of any kind.
Go to Top of Page

Emerald

311 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  22:06:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is a dreadful situation, if vitamin K is being injected without consent. I refused it all the way through and was supplied with it in oral form so didn't have any problems.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Jabs - Justice, Awareness and Basic Support © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page