Experience and Support
 Do you have experience with AD(H)S???
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Karolina

Germany
6 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2007 :  19:33:55  Show Profile  Visit Karolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Children with AD(H)S ...

Medicine (Ritalin)in order to make the family life normal again???

Or other ways???

I would like to know your point of view and experiences you made.

Hope to hear from you, Karolina

Your Children A Pain In The Ass? Or Simply Need Some Quality Advice On Your Child? Go To http://www.cheekychildren.com

barefoot1

187 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  12:52:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ADS is a made up syndrome to sell drugs, each case is individual but most are linked to poor diet and nutrition, drugs or vaccinations.
Apparantly fish oil is far more effective than ritalin and millions of times safer.
Ritalin is known to cause brain atrophy, stunted mental develepemnt and god knows what else when kids as young as five are put on this legal speed by iresponsible doctors, who are so thick and stuipid they dont even ask about kids diet or read medical articles about the dangers of Ritalin or alternatives that work far better and more safe like fish oil.

I expect the makers of ritalin soon to be swamped with compensation claims.

Big Pharma and their puppets in Government are the biggest threat to your families health and well being while they pretend to be the opposite.
Go to Top of Page

Joan

United Kingdom
599 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  17:00:30  Show Profile  Visit Joan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Forget about Ritalin and try Tryptophan instead.

Basically we came across tryptophan looking at amino acids requirements due to the CF/GF diet, but seems they are just as necessary for poor diets. Jack takes Kirkman’s Amino support see;

[url]http://www.kirkmanlabs.com/products/amino_acids/amino-support/Amino-Support229.html[/url]

as well as further glutamine (a lot more) for his gut

‘there is now a significant body of evidence that links glutamine-enriched diets with intestinal effects; aiding maintenance of gut barrier function, intestinal cell proliferation and differentiation, as well as generally reducing septic morbidity and the symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome. The reason for such "cleansing" properties is thought to stem from the fact that the intestinal extraction rate of glutamine is higher than that for other amino acids, and is therefore thought to be the most viable option when attempting to alleviate conditions relating to the gastrointestinal tract.’

And another interesting amino

‘L-carnitine

To improve behaviour, take 100 mg of this supplement for each 2.2 pounds of body weight a day, with a maximum of 4 grams a day’

(The acetylated version of carnitine, Actyl-L-Carnitine (ALCAR) is absorbed by the gastrointestinal tract, enters cells and crosses the blood-brain barrier more readily than unacetylated carnitine, and is therefore more suitable as a nutritional supplement.)

1st choice would be

Vitamin Research Products L-Tryptophan - 90 caps, 500 mg or

5-HTP, 5-Hydroxytryptophan - 100 mg, 60 caps and secondly

Viridian Nutrition L-Tryptophan (EP grade) 220mg 30 and 90 veg caps sizes.

Go to Top of Page

Joan

United Kingdom
599 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2007 :  21:24:16  Show Profile  Visit Joan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So Sorry I forgot to put this information about tryptophan

Tryptophan

‘Clinical research tended to confirm tryptophan's effectiveness as a natural sleep aid and for a growing variety of other conditions typically associated with low serotonin levels or activity in the brain.. Other promising indications included relief of chronic pain and reduction of impulsive, violent, manic, addictive, anxiety-related, obsessive, and compulsive behaviours and disorders.’

Go to Top of Page

Karolina

Germany
6 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2007 :  11:04:47  Show Profile  Visit Karolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks for telling me your oppinion ...

I don't agree that AD(H)S is a made up syndrome ...

and as long as people think that, these kids and their families will never get help and will always think that they educate their kids in a wrong way and the kids will think that they are bad ... what is not true!!!

Also 40 years ago there were children with AD(H)S ... but back then they just simply said that these children are not educated by their parents and just need a stronger hand ...

I saw a lot of children with AD(H)S and it's a hell for themselves and for the families ...

Some of these children spent nearly 6 weeks in hospitals in order to find the right medication ... because parents don't know that therapies are also neccessary
I also know what it is about Ritalin (that is an Amphetamine) and works almost the same way like cocain ...

I agree that the Pharma makes a good buisness with Ritalin and these children ...

My intention to write this topic was that some parents really just trust in Ritalin or other medicine without trying out Ergotherapy.

Fact is that a lot of parents rather give their children a pill than invest time in therapies ... WITHOUT KNOWING that some of these medicines are really DANGEROUS

Your Children drive you insane? Or Do You Simply Need Some Quality Advice On Your Child? Go To http://www.cheekychildren.com

Edited by - Karolina on 07/10/2007 11:44:39
Go to Top of Page

Janet

429 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  10:25:26  Show Profile  Send Janet an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have spoken to a mother who's son was taking Ritalin for five years. The medication was changed only two months ago due to concerns over his health. Soon after taking Ritalin he stopped eating properly and hardly grew or put on weight and now at the age of twelve he has the bone structure of an 8/9 year old. The mother's concerns were ignored for quite a while.

Having seen the child I noticed how gaunt and unwell he seemed in comparison to his three younger siblings who are all healthy children. His mother said he began to turn pale while taking Ritalin suffered nose bleeds and complained of unusual feelings in his head on some days. Although he was always good at brushing his teeth they have rotted and he will possibly need dentures in the very near future.

Just to add to the on going misery, he was due to start Secondary School in September 2006 but his application was bungled and he has missed a whole year off school. The mother is hoping he will start Secondary School in Year 8 this September but sadly fears he may become a target for bullying because of the condition of his teeth.

Apparently there were no health concerns or ADHD symptoms before this was child vaccinated.
Go to Top of Page

Johnwayne

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  17:18:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear korlina

I have a child with adhd treated him with NAET (visit www.naet.co.uk) for nearest practitioner. Mostly to with foods and drinks.

johnwayne

Go to Top of Page

barefoot1

187 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  17:26:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I do very much believe ADD is a made up syndrome to sell ritalin all the evidence points toward it and that fact in no way takes anything away from the real problems that these children are having, in fact the opposite, parents are able to make far more informed choices about diet and other therapies when they know the truth. Far more chance of getting to the cause and treating it, when one is not brainwashed into believing their child comes under a huge umbrella term that covers many issues and only the symptoms are treated with dangerous drugs.

Please see:
http://www.libertycoalition.net/cognitive-liberty/ritalin-is-poison

Big Pharma and their puppets in Government are the biggest threat to your families health and well being while they pretend to be the opposite.

Edited by - barefoot1 on 07/11/2007 17:40:14
Go to Top of Page

Seonaid

United Kingdom
1367 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2007 :  21:08:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I rarely disagree with you Barefoot, but on this occasion I must. In hindsight I realise that my adult son had ADHD when he was young, and it was hard going I can tell you. But yes big pharma financially exploits every condition which emerges.

Karolina - Try and go with what Joan says, and seek alternative means.

It can be a very difficult decision, trying to decide which route to take. I personally am very much against any form of medication, but I have seen and spoken with mums whose life is just unbearable without it. Walk a mile in another man's moccasins etc. It's not for me to stand in judgement.

My only personal experience of Ritalin, is with the daughter of a friend of mine. She now has a good education, a good job and is happily married. BUT - the price she paid for her education etc was high. Bulimia in her teens, ruined teeth, and cancer in her early twenties. [Ritalin is carcinogenic] Her parents didn't realise at the time these things could be induced by this drug.

I dont mean this to frighten you, but should you opt for Ritalin just be fully aware of possible side effects and watch carefully for their emergence. A couple of weeks back I found a pdf file of Ritalin adverse events and it had 12,00 pages to it. Sorry I cant find it tonight! Here's one for now.

http://www.fda.gov/ohrms/dockets/ac/06/briefing/2006-4210b_09_01_Methsummary.pdf

As with vaccination - MAKE AN INFORMED DECISION.
Go to Top of Page

Karolina

Germany
6 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2007 :  17:41:14  Show Profile  Visit Karolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't have personal experience with ADHD.

Because of my work I met children with ADHD and all the different views and oppinions their parents have. That's why I wanted to hear your oppinions in this forum.

What I noticed and that's a fact, that there are differences in each country.

In the USA for example they already give Ritalin to 2 years old children, also to older kids even during the break at school.

In Germany taking Ritalin is "legal" from 6 years ... Therapies a pretty popular and parents take advantage of that.

On the other hand they rather don't believe that food can really make changes ... what is obviously a big mistake

Your Children Drive You Insane? Or Do You Simply Need Some Quality Advice On Your Child? Go To http://www.cheekychildren.com
Go to Top of Page

Seonaid

United Kingdom
1367 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2007 :  20:43:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oops........I thought you had a family member with ADHD.
Please note - the young lady I mentioned who had such a bad time because of Ritalin, was born and brought up in USA.

This article might be of interest.

http://en.epochtimes.com/news/7-7-12/57563.html

Excerpt -

"Some of the disorders are actually the result of the drug itself, she said. For example, a child usually receives a first diagnosis of ADHD and is given Ritalin. If ineffective, the dosage is increased, leading to motor ticks, a known side effect of the drug. Instead of reducing the dosage, the child is then diagnosed with a further disorder of Tourette's syndrome and given another drug."

This is what has happened to our adult son, who now suffers from neuroleptic-induced tardive tourettism.

Edited by - Seonaid on 07/15/2007 20:56:00
Go to Top of Page

Draconia

United Kingdom
8 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  23:53:25  Show Profile  Click to see Draconia's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
my sister has ADHD and is not on any form of medication, but i think that you have to have a se behaviour strategy from day one. its is very difficult and my mum finds it hard to cope as she has anxiety attacks herself, but when she tried to access mediaction to aid the adhd for my sister she was told i was not required and behaiour techniques were the only help they could offer.
mum has written agreements and compromises with my sister - and the fact that they both have behavioural related conditions can go from the extreme of clashing to each having a btter understandig of the other.
if you find out more about ritalin could you let me know what you do find???
Go to Top of Page

Seonaid

United Kingdom
1367 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2007 :  23:05:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Draconia - I found the huge pdf file on adverse events with Ritalin. I referred to it in my post to Karolina.

http://www.medicalmarijuanaprocon.org/pdf/ritalin.pdf

It's a dangerous drug and unfortunately not all doctors are up to speed where side effects are concerned. Also keep in mind that people with ADD, ADHD,autism etc. have problems processing and detoxing meds and toxins. They are much more susceptible to developing side effects which could be interpreted as a worsening of the condition it is meant to treat.

If you need to find more info just Google 'Ritalin adverse'.
Take care.

Edited by - Seonaid on 07/28/2007 23:06:28
Go to Top of Page

bill2b

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2007 :  23:15:42  Show Profile  Visit bill2b's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Must admit I disagree with Barefoot too, AD/HD is very real and not a made up thing, but I also distrust the drugs companies enough to realise that you cannot turn to them for help.
Ritalin will not make family life normal again, it just ends up changing family life because you have a "Zombie" to look after instead!
Do not go that way
Go to Top of Page

Karolina

Germany
6 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2007 :  11:22:55  Show Profile  Visit Karolina's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanx Bill,

what I noticed (expecially on this forum) is that AD/HD is a subject for neverending discussions ... and what I read abour Ritalin is what you said ... that in most cases the childs behaviour was even worse than before ...

But I also think that it's a decission every family has to make alone ... I will not judge anyone ...

greetz

Your Children Drive You Insane? Or Do You Simply Need Some Quality Advice On Your Child? Go To http://www.cheekychildren.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Jabs - Justice, Awareness and Basic Support © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page