Experience and Support
 Should I??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jackthepippa

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2007 :  22:45:54  Show Profile  Send Jackthepippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have a family 'riddled' Autistic conditions and bowel disese. My mum died from bowel cancer early too. My husband and 2 sons have Aspergers/ADHD. My father, I'm sure has high functioning autism/Epilepsy and I seem to bat between the 2. Anyway, I decided not to allow my youngest, a girl at last, to have any vaccines under a year old. At 14 mths she just had one dose of the triple vaccine plus Hib. The GP has recently asked if I want the pre-school jab as she 'slipped through the net'! She is 5 now and I wonder if I should or not.
She has been the healthiest of all my 4 children and I feel she has the best immune system as a result of not bombarding her with multiple vaccines as a tiny baby.
What are the current thinkings of those who advocate avoiding vaccination. Just can't decide! Thanks, Jackie

Seonaid

United Kingdom
1367 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  00:47:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jackie - with your family history I reckon you might be taking a big risk.

If you feel your daughter's age would be a safeguard, dont count on it. In hindsight I'm sure my son, now 28, had ADHD when a kiddie. He got multiple vaccines when he was 15, including MMR and was this year diagnosed as having Asperger's Syndrome. He has been mentally ill for the last 12 years.

You'll find a lot of parents on the board who have opted for 'no vaccines' after one child developing autism or other problems, are raising very healthy children.

Good luck with your decision!
Go to Top of Page

Aasa

Canada
773 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  02:04:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For some of us this BIG decision takes more work and thought than it does for others. I have been reading about the dangers of thimerosal and aluminum salts in vaccines for several years now, but all that has done is open my mind up to the dangers/possible adverse reactions possible with various vaccines. I have also learned that most (perhaps "all"?) vaccines have not been assessed for their potential to cause mutagenicity, carcinogenicity, and for their ability to impair fertility.

Why would I want to subject my children to these unproven vaccines? Some vaccines, such as the MMR were pushed onto parents to help avoid children contracting common childhood diseases which were not life-threatening, at least not 40-50 years ago or so, when I was a youngster, and coming down with measles and mumps seemed to be a "rite of passage" into adolescence. Seriously, none of my schoolmates sufferred any complications from the measles or mumps. Around our area, it was more common for kids to suffer from traffic accidents (i.e., being hit by cars), due to a lack of suitable pedestrian crossings on our way to and from school, never mind how long it took to get a crossing guard in place!

Anyway, to shorten things a bit, the last of my kids to have a vaccine occurred cerca 3 or 4 years ago, when Alex, (my second oldest son) was due for his teen-aged DPT booster, Adacel, at the time. I was was there at our pediatrician's office and turned a vial of Adacel over in my hand so many times, trying to ascertain what was on the label, that the pediatrician told his nurse to discard the vial afterwards, because I had warmed it up too much. All I was trying to do, was make sure that there was no mention of thimerosal on the vial, package insert, and box or packaging. There was no mention of thimerosal there, but aluminum phosphate did figure as an adjuvant. I did not find out until later, that aluminum salts can be problemmatic themselves in vaccines.

I did have a conversation about vaccines and childhood neurological disorders with my kids' pediatrician. While he has noticed a rather large upsurge in attentional and developmental disorders in the last decade or so, he is not exactly eager to point any fingers at vaccines yet, even though he himself is seemingly mystified by this development, and told me himself that dealing with children with attentional problems (actually writing prescriptions for them) is the biggest part of his practice.

That is not a good thing and my kids have now missed several of their "well kid" visits, also any upcoming shots, luckily.

It is now many months later, and after all I have read, I don't or cannot trust any of the current childhood vaccines. I will do all I can, to dissuade my children from getting any of them, and now that they are older, they can read the literature for themselves (i.e., the package inserts with the contra-indications, adverse reactions, etc.).

Aasa

Go to Top of Page

john

United Kingdom
608 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2007 :  10:13:15  Show Profile  Visit john's Homepage  Send john an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jackthepippa

What are the current thinkings of those who advocate avoiding vaccination. Just can't decide! Thanks, Jackie

mad to vaccinate anyway but more than doubly so with your family history.

Print this out http://www.whale.to/b/hoax1.html

I used to think 12 years ago when I had to make a decision over my son that I would rather not know the risks but at least they were protected. After 12 years of looking into it I now know it is like playing Russian Roulette (now 1 in 5 asthma, 1 in 58 autism in some areas) with your kids, but the big kicker is the fact vaccination is 100% ineffective, unbelievable but true. They have never proven it has done anything in making diseases safer. With measles deaths had declined by 99.4% before vaccination, and they have suppressed safe treatments like vitamin C injections, for 50 years.

Last 2 kids unvaccinated. Find a good naturopath or homeopath or good MD eg http://www.whale.to/w/donegan1.html while she still is one, she is up before GMC like Wakefield.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Jabs - Justice, Awareness and Basic Support © 2000-2002 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page